Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy[_2_] Michael Kennedy[_2_] is offline

Default TIVO TX20: NEBIE- Can you get Digital channels or just analog with antenna?

"lbbss" wrote in message
Sorry, the full model name is Toshiba rs-tx20 with tivo. I am still
not clear on how you get the free subscription, by way of an antenna,
it has to get to you somehow? Or does a subscription not mean tv
channels, but more of a tv guide, but not the actual tv program.
When you have a cable subscription, it comes to you through a physical
cable wire to your house. So how do you get the tivo free
subscription? I do have a external tuner box, that can convert to
std def. and the Tivo tv guide, I don't care about. I just want free
channels. This person is selling it for $30, but she does not know
how they work, so I can't as here about it. thanks again.

So you just want something to convert the HDTV signal to SD? You just need
to buy a converter box from wal-mart, best buy or target for about ~$50.

This is a SDTV "Tivo". If you want this "Tivo" to work you need to get
analog cable service or feed it with one of the above converter boxes.
Please note that this "Tivo" can't change the channel on the converter box
so the only way to use this thing will be to manually set up recording times
and set the channel yourself.

Brief Specs:
http://reviews.cnet.com/video-players-and-recorders/toshiba-rs-tx20-140/4507-6463_7-30898709.html?tag=mncol;rnav

- Mike