Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mah mah is offline

Default SONY TV switching on problem

I have a sony model No KV-27EXR20 ,I no longer am able to turn it on
by remote control and when I try to start it manually it clicks back.
This TV had this problem twice before and I took it to authorized sony
service and they changed a small part,that I misplaced it therefore I
don't know the Part No. I wounder if you could tell me what the part
No is and what it is called so that I could order it, I am not ready
to take the TV back for repair and pay $165.00 plus tax for the third
time. I do thank you for your help in advance.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"mah" wrote in message
I have a sony model No KV-27EXR20 ,I no longer am able to turn it on
by remote control and when I try to start it manually it clicks back.
This TV had this problem twice before and I took it to authorized sony
service and they changed a small part,that I misplaced it therefore I
don't know the Part No. I wounder if you could tell me what the part
No is and what it is called so that I could order it, I am not ready
to take the TV back for repair and pay $165.00 plus tax for the third
time. I do thank you for your help in advance.

If you are not a technician, a TV- especially a Sony- and most especially
this series - is no place to start.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 21:14:28 -0800 (PST), mah wrote:

I have a sony model No KV-27EXR20 ,I no longer am able to turn it on
by remote control and when I try to start it manually it clicks back.
This TV had this problem twice before and I took it to authorized sony
service and they changed a small part,that I misplaced it therefore I
don't know the Part No. I wounder if you could tell me what the part
No is and what it is called so that I could order it, I am not ready
to take the TV back for repair and pay $165.00 plus tax for the third
time. I do thank you for your help in advance.

The problem is probably the power supply switching ic which has an
inadequate heatsink area. I agree with Mark that if you aren't
technically adept, I'd not attempt a repair. Chuck
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"mah" wrote in message
I have a sony model No KV-27EXR20 ,I no longer am able to turn it on
by remote control and when I try to start it manually it clicks back.
This TV had this problem twice before and I took it to authorized sony
service and they changed a small part,that I misplaced it therefore I
don't know the Part No. I wounder if you could tell me what the part
No is and what it is called so that I could order it, I am not ready
to take the TV back for repair and pay $165.00 plus tax for the third
time. I do thank you for your help in advance.

There are many different components which can cause that same symptom, and
there's no guarantee the same part has failed. So even if you find the old
part or your repair invoice, then replace this same part, the TV may not
work. The TV must be troubleshot by a technician so the defective
component(s) can be replaced.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dear Friend,

If you realy like to troubleshoot follow the steps listed below.

1. Check the AC plug and the cables for loose connections.
2. Switch off or pull out wall outlet power.
3. Remove the back cover of the TV.
4. Very Carefuly see any loose connection or anything strange.
5. If you are not a technician then you have to note down all the wire
position numbers and locations of the board.
6. Pull out all the cable and wires and remove the Main Board Out very
Carefully.
7.Clean the board with a brush.
8. Turn the board to soldering side (Down Side) look very closely for
possible dry joints.
9.If Yes you have to solder those points very carefully.
10. If you are not sure then take a Electronics course from
http://www.go1.web.officelive.com or write to me seperatly for help.

See you online.
GO1.WEB Team http://www.go1.web.officelive.com