Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chuck Chuck is offline

Default SONY TV switching on problem

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 21:14:28 -0800 (PST), mah wrote:

I have a sony model No KV-27EXR20 ,I no longer am able to turn it on
by remote control and when I try to start it manually it clicks back.
This TV had this problem twice before and I took it to authorized sony
service and they changed a small part,that I misplaced it therefore I
don't know the Part No. I wounder if you could tell me what the part
No is and what it is called so that I could order it, I am not ready
to take the TV back for repair and pay $165.00 plus tax for the third
time. I do thank you for your help in advance.

The problem is probably the power supply switching ic which has an
inadequate heatsink area. I agree with Mark that if you aren't
technically adept, I'd not attempt a repair. Chuck