Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike S[_2_] Mike S[_2_] is offline

Default SONY TV switching on problem

"mah" wrote in message
I have a sony model No KV-27EXR20 ,I no longer am able to turn it on
by remote control and when I try to start it manually it clicks back.
This TV had this problem twice before and I took it to authorized sony
service and they changed a small part,that I misplaced it therefore I
don't know the Part No. I wounder if you could tell me what the part
No is and what it is called so that I could order it, I am not ready
to take the TV back for repair and pay $165.00 plus tax for the third
time. I do thank you for your help in advance.

There are many different components which can cause that same symptom, and
there's no guarantee the same part has failed. So even if you find the old
part or your repair invoice, then replace this same part, the TV may not
work. The TV must be troubleshot by a technician so the defective
component(s) can be replaced.