Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default grinder/juicer problems

I have gotten a food grinder/juicer for a few years. Recently, the
juice that I'm getting out of the machine has gotten coarser. I'm not
sure if it's the grinding stone that has become dull, or whether it's
time to get a replacement motor. The picture shows the motor that the
machine is using (http://imagebin.org/31524). I basically would like
some information on how to read the label so that I can find a
suitable replacement motor.

Thanks.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:58:55 -0800 (PST), ssylee
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have gotten a food grinder/juicer for a few years. Recently, the
juice that I'm getting out of the machine has gotten coarser. I'm not
sure if it's the grinding stone that has become dull, or whether it's
time to get a replacement motor. The picture shows the motor that the
machine is using (http://imagebin.org/31524). I basically would like
some information on how to read the label so that I can find a
suitable replacement motor.

Thanks.

That's a capacitor, not a motor.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Nov 18, 11:55*am, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:58:55 -0800 (PST), ssylee
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have gotten a food grinder/juicer for a few years. Recently, the
juice that I'm getting out of the machine has gotten coarser. I'm not
sure if it's the grinding stone that has become dull, or whether it's
time to get a replacement motor. The picture shows the motor that the
machine is using (http://imagebin.org/31524). I basically would like
some information on how to read the label so that I can find a
suitable replacement motor.

Thanks.

That's a capacitor, not a motor.

- Franc Zabkar

The label is for the capacitor, not the motor?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

ssylee wrote:
I have gotten a food grinder/juicer for a few years. Recently, the
juice that I'm getting out of the machine has gotten coarser. I'm not
sure if it's the grinding stone that has become dull, or whether it's
time to get a replacement motor. The picture shows the motor that the
machine is using (http://imagebin.org/31524). I basically would like
some information on how to read the label so that I can find a
suitable replacement motor.

Thanks.

Thats no motor label.
Its a capacitor (12uF,300V)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:59:02 -0800 (PST), ssylee
put finger to keyboard and composed:

On Nov 18, 11:55*am, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:58:55 -0800 (PST), ssylee
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have gotten a food grinder/juicer for a few years. Recently, the
juice that I'm getting out of the machine has gotten coarser. I'm not
sure if it's the grinding stone that has become dull, or whether it's
time to get a replacement motor. The picture shows the motor that the
machine is using (http://imagebin.org/31524). I basically would like
some information on how to read the label so that I can find a
suitable replacement motor.

Thanks.

That's a capacitor, not a motor.

- Franc Zabkar

The label is for the capacitor, not the motor?

Yes. Its capacitance is 12uF.

Here's an example of a motor capacitor:
http://www.capacitor-manufacturer.com/CBB61-6.htm

- Franc Zabkar

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Nov 18, 8:36*pm, Franc Zabkar wrote:
[...]

Basically, what specifications would I need to obtain in order to get
a replacement motor?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Have you contacted the manufacturer or importer?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

ssylee writes:

[...]

Does the motor sound like it's not running at the normal speed?
With a capacitor, it means the motor is an induction motor. They
are basically single speed motors tied to the AC line frequency.sg

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Nov 19, 5:17*am, (Samuel M. Goldwasser) wrote:
ssylee writes:
[...]

*Repair | Main Table of Contents:http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/
+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/lasersam.htm
* * * * | Mirror Sites:http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

subject line. *Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs..

The motor sounds like it's not running at normal speed. I guess I can
check where I can get a replacement induction motor according to the
power specifications. Thank you all for the advice.