DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   grinder/juicer problems (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/265041-grinder-juicer-problems.html)

ssylee November 18th 08 06:58 PM

grinder/juicer problems

I have gotten a food grinder/juicer for a few years. Recently, the
juice that I'm getting out of the machine has gotten coarser. I'm not
sure if it's the grinding stone that has become dull, or whether it's
time to get a replacement motor. The picture shows the motor that the
machine is using (http://imagebin.org/31524). I basically would like
some information on how to read the label so that I can find a
suitable replacement motor.

Thanks.

Franc Zabkar November 18th 08 07:55 PM

grinder/juicer problems

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:58:55 -0800 (PST), ssylee
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have gotten a food grinder/juicer for a few years. Recently, the
juice that I'm getting out of the machine has gotten coarser. I'm not
sure if it's the grinding stone that has become dull, or whether it's
time to get a replacement motor. The picture shows the motor that the
machine is using (http://imagebin.org/31524). I basically would like
some information on how to read the label so that I can find a
suitable replacement motor.

Thanks.

That's a capacitor, not a motor.

- Franc Zabkar

ssylee November 18th 08 08:59 PM

grinder/juicer problems

On Nov 18, 11:55*am, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:58:55 -0800 (PST), ssylee
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have gotten a food grinder/juicer for a few years. Recently, the
juice that I'm getting out of the machine has gotten coarser. I'm not
sure if it's the grinding stone that has become dull, or whether it's
time to get a replacement motor. The picture shows the motor that the
machine is using (http://imagebin.org/31524). I basically would like
some information on how to read the label so that I can find a
suitable replacement motor.

Thanks.

That's a capacitor, not a motor.

- Franc Zabkar

The label is for the capacitor, not the motor?

Sjouke Burry November 19th 08 12:39 AM

grinder/juicer problems

ssylee wrote:
I have gotten a food grinder/juicer for a few years. Recently, the
juice that I'm getting out of the machine has gotten coarser. I'm not
sure if it's the grinding stone that has become dull, or whether it's
time to get a replacement motor. The picture shows the motor that the
machine is using (http://imagebin.org/31524). I basically would like
some information on how to read the label so that I can find a
suitable replacement motor.

Thanks.

Thats no motor label.
Its a capacitor (12uF,300V)

Franc Zabkar November 19th 08 04:36 AM

grinder/juicer problems

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:59:02 -0800 (PST), ssylee
put finger to keyboard and composed:

On Nov 18, 11:55*am, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:58:55 -0800 (PST), ssylee
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have gotten a food grinder/juicer for a few years. Recently, the
juice that I'm getting out of the machine has gotten coarser. I'm not
sure if it's the grinding stone that has become dull, or whether it's
time to get a replacement motor. The picture shows the motor that the
machine is using (http://imagebin.org/31524). I basically would like
some information on how to read the label so that I can find a
suitable replacement motor.

Thanks.

That's a capacitor, not a motor.

- Franc Zabkar

The label is for the capacitor, not the motor?

Yes. Its capacitance is 12uF.

Here's an example of a motor capacitor:
http://www.capacitor-manufacturer.com/CBB61-6.htm

- Franc Zabkar

ssylee November 19th 08 05:35 AM

grinder/juicer problems

On Nov 18, 8:36*pm, Franc Zabkar wrote:
[...]

Basically, what specifications would I need to obtain in order to get
a replacement motor?

William Sommerwerck November 19th 08 12:24 PM

grinder/juicer problems

Have you contacted the manufacturer or importer?

Samuel M. Goldwasser November 19th 08 01:17 PM

grinder/juicer problems

ssylee writes:

[...]

Does the motor sound like it's not running at the normal speed?
With a capacitor, it means the motor is an induction motor. They
are basically single speed motors tied to the AC line frequency.sg

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

ssylee November 20th 08 01:11 AM

grinder/juicer problems

On Nov 19, 5:17*am, (Samuel M. Goldwasser) wrote:
ssylee writes:
[...]

*Repair | Main Table of Contents:http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/
+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/lasersam.htm
* * * * | Mirror Sites:http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

subject line. *Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs..

The motor sounds like it's not running at normal speed. I guess I can
check where I can get a replacement induction motor according to the
power specifications. Thank you all for the advice.