Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Damaged my Aluminum Juicer - Can I fix it?

Without giving it too much thought, I put our funky new Alessi
Juicer
( http://www.alessi.co.uk/ashop-uk/hom...squeezer-1055/
) in the dishwasher.

Which by the way is NOT a good idea. It is now all tarnished.

I have looked it up and it was a mirror-polished aluminum piece.

Is there any way I can restore the finish?

Thanks
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 10:22:14 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Without giving it too much thought, I put our funky new Alessi
Juicer
( http://www.alessi.co.uk/ashop-uk/hom...squeezer-1055/
) in the dishwasher.

Which by the way is NOT a good idea. It is now all tarnished.

I have looked it up and it was a mirror-polished aluminum piece.

Is there any way I can restore the finish?

Thanks

Mother's metal polish.
http://www.mothers.com/products/prod...wheelprod.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

Without giving it too much thought, I put our funky new Alessi
Juicer
( http://www.alessi.co.uk/ashop-uk/hom...squeezer-1055/
) in the dishwasher.

Which by the way is NOT a good idea. It is now all tarnished.

I have looked it up and it was a mirror-polished aluminum piece.

Is there any way I can restore the finish?

Thanks

I thought that drinking 'Aluminum Juice' caused Alzheimer's disease?
;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
snip

I thought that drinking 'Aluminum Juice' caused Alzheimer's disease?
;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

So do all your friends that keep sending you aluminum Juicers.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
snip

I thought that drinking 'Aluminum Juice' caused Alzheimer's disease?
;-)

So do all your friends that keep sending you aluminum Juicers.

No, but they have all told me about some guy in Ohio with hundreds
of them.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 06:24:58 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
snip

I thought that drinking 'Aluminum Juice' caused Alzheimer's disease?
;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

So do all your friends that keep sending you aluminum Juicers.

But aluminum juice is the only flux that works really well for torch
brazing unobtainium to hot griddled grubcakes

Gunner