Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Mitsubishi WT-46809 1080i problem help !!

I got a Mitsubishi WT-46809 with 1080i... The television works fine on
480p without a problem. I had direct tv installed.. with the HD
reciever. I can't get the television to do 1080i. When I tell the
direct tv to use 1080i the TV shuts off. I have it all hooked up
properly. About last year I replaced the Convergous IC's. I'm
clueless. It did the same thing with my friends xbox 360... Any help
I'd apprciate it!!

-Ron
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Ronald wrote:

I got a Mitsubishi WT-46809 with 1080i... The television works fine on
480p without a problem. I had direct tv installed.. with the HD
reciever. I can't get the television to do 1080i. When I tell the
direct tv to use 1080i the TV shuts off. I have it all hooked up
properly. About last year I replaced the Convergous IC's. I'm
clueless. It did the same thing with my friends xbox 360... Any help
I'd apprciate it!!

-Ron

Maybe it can't handle the format rate?
also, is it possible your equipment is using
1080p? not i ?
it's possible your TV does not support that.

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I've think I figured out the problem. There was a special setting in
the television to turn on the DTV port to 1080i instead of Auto. Now
I've managed to get it to display the picture from the direct tv hd
reciever at 1080i but the tv needs RGBHV and I can't drive it using Y
Pr Pb. No sync . I have read that there is a box RGB-CV10. But from
reading and a lot of research. They aren't availiable. Does anyone
know how to convert Y Pr Pb to RGBHV. I would have to seperate the
sync from green. Unless there is a HDMI to RGBHV.
More reading...

-Ron