Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony Betamax VCR SL-S600 Dead Capstan Motor Help

I have a Sony Betamax VCR Model # Sl-S600 that has a dead capstan motor.
Everything else is working. The unit loads the
cassette and loads the tape around the head drum. the head motor is turning
also.
It has a nine pin connector on the capstan motor. I am getting what looks
like the correct voltages except pin 3 and pin 9 are zero volts.
I don't have a manual on this one and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
I have a Sony Betamax VCR Model # Sl-S600 that has a dead capstan motor.
Everything else is working. The unit loads the
cassette and loads the tape around the head drum. the head motor is

turning
also.
It has a nine pin connector on the capstan motor. I am getting what looks
like the correct voltages except pin 3 and pin 9 are zero volts.
I don't have a manual on this one and any help would be greatly

appreciated.

Is it a motor and tacho ? so no tacho output

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks for the replies on this one.
The end of tape sensor looks to be OK and working.
I was thinking about changing the hall effect sensor.
I will see if I have one in the bone yard that will work. This
model is a little newer than the ones I have here so I may
not have one that will fit.
Worth a try!
Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 05:20:44 -0500, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

Broken end-of tape sensor? It's a little coil that swings around and nearly
contacts the tape. Capstan motor won't run unless the coils for tape end and
tape beginning are (nearly) touching the tape.

Mark Z.

Mark Z.

If that was the problem, it wouldn't go into play at all. Also FF
wouldn't work.

Andy Cuffe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Broken end-of tape sensor? It's a little coil that swings around and
nearly
contacts the tape. Capstan motor won't run unless the coils for tape end
and
tape beginning are (nearly) touching the tape.

Mark Z.

Mark Z.

If that was the problem, it wouldn't go into play at all. Also FF
wouldn't work.

Andy Cuffe

That's what I get for reading these things at 5:00 in the morning...

mz

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I finally tried a hall effect sensor from a sl-hf300 but it was
a little different than the newer style that is on the sl-s600
but it did not work.
I am going to give up on this one.
Thanks for all the good suggestions.