Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Repair a 1999 JVC 32 inch TV (model AV-32750) or not

Is my 1999 JVC 32 inch TV (model AV-32750) worth repairing?

The TV is hooked up to my cable service and has intermediate sound
problems. Sometimes when I turn on the TV the sound is working fine
and sometimes it is not working at all. After a minute or two the
sound comes back. Then periodically the same scenario (complete loss
of sound and then it returns after a waiting period).

Is this 1999 TV worth repairing at a service center or should I apply
the repair cost to purchasing a newer TV?

Your comments and opinions are appreciated.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
AJ AJ is offline

May just be solder connections in the audio circuit or power supply
circuits. If the picture quality is good it may be worth at least having it
looked at. Request an extimate of repair when taking set to service
facility.
wrote in message

Is my 1999 JVC 32 inch TV (model AV-32750) worth repairing?

The TV is hooked up to my cable service and has intermediate sound
problems. Sometimes when I turn on the TV the sound is working fine
and sometimes it is not working at all. After a minute or two the
sound comes back. Then periodically the same scenario (complete loss
of sound and then it returns after a waiting period).

Is this 1999 TV worth repairing at a service center or should I apply
the repair cost to purchasing a newer TV?

Your comments and opinions are appreciated.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
z z is offline

On Jan 13, 1:58*pm, wrote:
Is my 1999 JVC 32 inch TV (model AV-32750) worth repairing?

The TV is hooked up to my cable service and has intermediate sound
problems. Sometimes when I turn on the TV the sound is working fine
and sometimes it is not working at all. After a minute or two the
sound comes back. Then periodically the same scenario (complete loss
of sound and then it returns after a waiting period).

Is this 1999 TV worth repairing at a service center or should I apply
the repair cost to purchasing a newer TV?

Your comments and opinions are appreciated.

if it's hooked up to your cable box and not straight to the cable, and
your cable box is like mine, it has stereo sound outputs at the back,
so go buy one of those powered stereo speaker sets for ipods or
whatever and hook it up. or splurge for $50 like I did and get one
with a subwoofer.

other options include opening it up and seeing if you can tap into the
audio off the wiper of the volume control and hooking a cheapo audio
amp there.

otherwise, if you are in a hobby mood, you might want to just figure
out where the audio section of the circuit board is, and resolder all
the solder joints.

or splurge and get the schematic from sams or whoever and go after it
for real.

but as far as actually paying somebody to repair it, especially when
the end of analog is near, is probably not cost effective.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jan 14, 6:49*pm, z wrote:
On Jan 13, 1:58*pm, wrote:

[...]

Won't analogue TVs in the US continue to work with (digital) cable
boxes after analogue TV transmissions are discontinued?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
z z is offline

On Jan 15, 12:34*am, hooch wrote:

but as far as actually paying somebody to repair it, especially when
the end of analog is near, is probably not cost effective.

Won't analogue TVs in the US continue to work with (digital) cable
boxes after analogue TV transmissions are discontinued?-

Sure, but at that point all you really need are audio and video
monitors, so rather than patching the sound up on the TV you'd be
better off just buying one of the zillions of cheap amp/speakers
combos floating around these days. or even something good.