val

Default brightness on panasonic 32 inch tv from 1999

I have a panasonic 32 inch tv from 1999. the problem is the brightness
on the tv.I have to put the brightness up all the way and still it is
slightly dark. A service repairman fixed it but by accident i was in
setup to fix the color and hit factory setting and it restored it to
the way it was before. I believe all he did was put a screwdriver in
the back and he adjusted it. He was there to repair another problem
with the tv. I do not want to pay him to come out again and fix it.
Could you tell me where he put the screwdriver to adjust it manually?
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Val

val:
There is absolutely NO WAY that by you "adjusting" anything in the
setup menu that it could by accident or othewise move the screwdriver
adjustment that the service man set. Get back in the setup menu and
crank the brightness and picture(contrast) level way up and the color
intensity and tint the way it looks good to you.
electricitym
- - - - -

val wrote:
I have a panasonic 32 inch tv from 1999. the problem is the brightness
on the tv.I have to put the brightness up all the way and still it is
slightly dark. A service repairman fixed it but by accident i was in
setup to fix the color and hit factory setting and it restored it to
the way it was before. I believe all he did was put a screwdriver in
the back and he adjusted it. He was there to repair another problem
with the tv. I do not want to pay him to come out again and fix it.
Could you tell me where he put the screwdriver to adjust it manually?
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Val

val

Thank you for your advice. I will crank up the brightness and the
picture contrast as you suggested.
Again thanks
Val

Tom MacIntyre

On 13 Aug 2005 17:57:57 -0700, "val" wrote:

I have a panasonic 32 inch tv from 1999. the problem is the brightness
on the tv.I have to put the brightness up all the way and still it is
slightly dark. A service repairman fixed it but by accident i was in
setup to fix the color and hit factory setting and it restored it to
the way it was before. I believe all he did was put a screwdriver in
the back and he adjusted it. He was there to repair another problem
with the tv. I do not want to pay him to come out again and fix it.
Could you tell me where he put the screwdriver to adjust it manually?
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Val

What is the contrast setting?

Tom
val

I do not have the option for contrast. I made a mistake when I said I
was in setup. I meant I was in picture where the options for color,
sharpness etc.is.The top option is original setting and that is what I
clicked. It set it back to factory setting overriding the brightness
the technician set.