Ian French

Default Wharfedale model 890 28 inch Widescreen TV

Hi Guys,

Does anyone out there know any details of the fire hazard fault which
existed with this particular TV a couple of years ago.

I am aware of fact that a home visit was required to change a potentially
faulty component in this set.

I have acquired one of these sets which (after repair) gives a good picture,
but am wary of using it until I have checked that the correct component has
been fitted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thankyou.

Ian French.

Jerry G.

If I were you, I would contact the manufacture directly. I am sure that they
will tell you what to look for, or refer you to a publication of some type.

As for this name brand, it is not very common.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Ian French" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

Does anyone out there know any details of the fire hazard fault which
existed with this particular TV a couple of years ago.

I am aware of fact that a home visit was required to change a potentially
faulty component in this set.

I have acquired one of these sets which (after repair) gives a good picture,
but am wary of using it until I have checked that the correct component has
been fitted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thankyou.

Ian French.

NSM

"Jerry G." wrote in message
| If I were you, I would contact the manufacture directly. I am sure that
they
| will tell you what to look for, or refer you to a publication of some
type.

| As for this name brand, it is not very common.

Wharfedale is/was a premium maker of speakers in the UK for many years. The
OP is using a UK ISP so I guess they are using the brand name - on Chinese
junk?

NSM wrote:
Wharfedale is/was a premium maker of speakers in the UK for many years. The
OP is using a UK ISP so I guess they are using the brand name - on Chinese
junk?

Most junk in Europe is from Turkey nowadays, the remaining junk (a tiny
bit less junky I hope) is made in one of the Baltic countries, I keep
forgetting which one.

---
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.
NSM

wrote in message
| NSM wrote:
| Wharfedale is/was a premium maker of speakers in the UK for many years.
The
| OP is using a UK ISP so I guess they are using the brand name - on
Chinese
| junk?
|
| Most junk in Europe is from Turkey nowadays, the remaining junk (a tiny
| bit less junky I hope) is made in one of the Baltic countries, I keep
| forgetting which one.

I got a Chinese made food processor. I looked inside and I swear parts of
the motor frame were made from flattened tin cans.