Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default MitsubishiVS-502R Convergence adjustment

Hello,

A recent problem I have encountered with this dinosaur of a TV,
(however it has worked wonderfully for many years) is the convergence
is obviously off. One thing I noticed when the alignment crosshairs
are showing is the vertical line is off center from the screen. It
seems to be shifted about 2 inches to the left. I can get the
vertical colors to line up nicely into one a single line as usual, but
the whole thing seems shifted to the left. I checked the general
alignments of the fold out mirror, screen, and everything seems to be
true. Any suggestions?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dude, you got a three digit Mits still running ? WOW.

This is usually the ICs, a pair of STK4274s will get it going.

Question is, how strong are the tubes, and has the "resistor" been
jumped yet ?

Really, if the resistor is jumped and the picture, although
misconverged, is not bright, sharp and clear, you might want to get
rid of it. I mean even though the colors are split apart, if you see
that they are clear and crisp, go for it.

If the picture is dark, look for a resistor or two resisters in the
fiament circuit. Then flip the board, keeping your bearings, see if
they have already been jumped. Easy to see, a piece of wire.

If you are lucky enough to have an older Mits that does not have the
resistors jumped, by all means jump them. They respond very well. They
do not short nor fail quickly like Sonys. The picture is likely to be
like the day it rolled out of the showroom, once you get the
convergence fixed.

That is an old beast, good luck with it. And if you finally get a good
picture on it, enjoy. When those old Mitses crank, they blow away most
HDTVs, they're just not HD. But they got balls. The picture should be
just as good as a tube set. Brightness, clarity, contrast, all very
good.

That's if it can still do it. That set is old, but it used to sit in a
showroom alongside regular tVs. It fared pretty well.Like my Sony
KP36XBR, they sat it right next to the direct view sets, and they
sold.

Good luck, I mean that. I like having really old **** that works
really well. I really do.

Just replace the 4274s and the fuses. They IIRC are 3.15 amp. Put four
ampers in it, it will not burn your house down. It's just that when
you fire it up, look at the picture, if it is not right, there is more
work to be done. If so, we are here.

JURB

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

A recent problem I have encountered with this dinosaur of a TV,
(however it has worked wonderfully for many years) is the convergence
is obviously off. One thing I noticed when the alignment crosshairs
are showing is the vertical line is off center from the screen. It
seems to be shifted about 2 inches to the left. I can get the
vertical colors to line up nicely into one a single line as usual, but
the whole thing seems shifted to the left. I checked the general
alignments of the fold out mirror, screen, and everything seems to be
true. Any suggestions?

Google is your friend dumbass.