Posted to sci.electronics.repair,nz.comp

Default Casiowriter CW-16 User Manual..

joe_90 wrote:

Ken wrote:

I need to get hold of a Manual for this, or a copy if some one can help,
we need to send this typewriter to the Philippines for a Grand child to
use, as they are desperate for one..

Thanks

My good deed for the day -

http://www.casionz.co.nz/Site/Pronto...R%20MANUAL.PDF

(
"someone, presumable in New Zealand, kindly scanned many of the earlier
Casio User Manuals" -

http://www.futurehardware.in/245778.htm

Casio NZ document search -

http://www.casionz.co.nz/default.asp?ObjectID=112
)

But this is impossible woger said so

No hits at all on Google, but plenty of the Typewriters for sale, but not
worth buying because of
the freight.

Then he said this

Yes I spent a Day on google and also on Casio, been using the Net way back
when it was first started
here, so I am no Nubee..

So you can't have got this link and the fact that we can see it is due to
mass hypnosis.

--
*~~~~~~~~~~Thor
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,nz.comp

~misfit~ wrote:
joe_90 wrote:
Ken wrote:

THANKS very very much, my Wife will be very Please as its for one
of her grandchildren in the Philippines.

You're welcome.

how did you find it..? I did look there, no subjects under
Typewriters.

Just checked out a few pages from a Google search and followed the
leads.
In my experience, it's not often a net search ends up a complete
failure. You may not find exactly what you're looking for, but the
journey usually unearths some relevant information.

I got an old Brother 'Wordprocessor" from a local refuse transfer-station a
few years back. Orange plasma screen, showed about 5 lines IIRC, and a 3.5"
floppy. Worked a treat. I emailed Brother NZ and they sent me out a 200+
page photocopy of the original manual FOC. I was very impressed with that

Agreed, excellent customer service from Brother.

It's so refreshing when you find a company that actually cares for its
end users and offers a decent level of after sales support.

I see the trend amongst software producers these days is to provide a
web based discussion forum and then answer technical support enquiries
with standard form emails that simply refer the customer to the forum.
Most unhelpful and disappointing when you're in a corner.

(although the wordprocessor ended up in the wheelie bin a couple years
later. Seems that nobody wanted it. The photocopied-on-one-side manual now
serves as paper for notes, shopping lists etc.).

An expensive notepad (for Brother). You clearly 'owe' them a purchase ;-)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,nz.comp

joe_90 wrote:
~misfit~ wrote:
I got an old Brother 'Wordprocessor" from a local refuse
transfer-station a few years back. Orange plasma screen, showed
about 5 lines IIRC, and a 3.5" floppy. Worked a treat. I emailed
Brother NZ and they sent me out a 200+ page photocopy of the
original manual FOC. I was very impressed with that

Agreed, excellent customer service from Brother.

Up there with the best.

It's so refreshing when you find a company that actually cares for its
end users and offers a decent level of after sales support.

I see the trend amongst software producers these days is to provide a
web based discussion forum and then answer technical support enquiries
with standard form emails that simply refer the customer to the forum.
Most unhelpful and disappointing when you're in a corner.

Yep. SOP these days though sadly. :-(

(although the wordprocessor ended up in the wheelie bin a couple
years later. Seems that nobody wanted it. The
photocopied-on-one-side manual now serves as paper for notes,
shopping lists etc.).

An expensive notepad (for Brother). You clearly 'owe' them a purchase
;-)

Yeah, I carry quite a bit of goodwill toward them for that manual. It wasn't
a total waste, a friend used it for a year before he died but I couldn't
find anyone else after that who'd take it, even free.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0