Posted to uk.d-i-y
PigPOg

Default TV user manual

Hi, can anyone help please?

This may not be the right newsgroup but I didn't know where to start
looking. I've been given a working Ferguson D14R television but the
user manual is missing and I can't figure out how to tune it in. Can
anyone suggest where I can purchase a manual? I've tried Google and
ebay but with no luck so far.

Cheers,
Simon
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rumble

PigPOg said the following on 21/11/2005 11:47:
Hi, can anyone help please?

This may not be the right newsgroup but I didn't know where to start
looking. I've been given a working Ferguson D14R television but the
user manual is missing and I can't figure out how to tune it in. Can
anyone suggest where I can purchase a manual? I've tried Google and
ebay but with no luck so far.

Cheers,
Simon

For ferguson TV manuals email cpc at or phone them on
01772 654455

www.cpc.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chuck Chops-Celery

PigPOg wrote:
Hi, can anyone help please?

This may not be the right newsgroup but I didn't know where to start
looking. I've been given a working Ferguson D14R television but the
user manual is missing and I can't figure out how to tune it in. Can
anyone suggest where I can purchase a manual? I've tried Google and
ebay but with no luck so far.

Cheers,
Simon

Googling found this link

http://www.manualscenter.com/advance...fe6ce01e0d1995

It's the service manual, may be useful?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Set Square

PigPOg wrote:

Hi, can anyone help please?

This may not be the right newsgroup but I didn't know where to start
looking. I've been given a working Ferguson D14R television but the
user manual is missing and I can't figure out how to tune it in. Can
anyone suggest where I can purchase a manual? I've tried Google and
ebay but with no luck so far.

Cheers,
Simon

I've Googled, and found a link which says:

"For ferguson TV manuals email cpc at or phone them on 01772
654455"

Don't know whether that's any good.

--
Cheers,
Set Square

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

PigPOg wrote:
Hi, can anyone help please?

This may not be the right newsgroup but I didn't know where to start
looking. I've been given a working Ferguson D14R television but the
user manual is missing and I can't figure out how to tune it in. Can
anyone suggest where I can purchase a manual? I've tried Google and
ebay but with no luck so far.

Cheers,
Simon

Buy a universal remote or the one for that model
http://www.remotesrus.co.uk/remote/p...D14R_39586.htm
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mogweed

"PigPOg" wrote in message
news
Hi, can anyone help please?

This may not be the right newsgroup but I didn't know where to start
looking. I've been given a working Ferguson D14R television but the
user manual is missing and I can't figure out how to tune it in. Can
anyone suggest where I can purchase a manual? I've tried Google and
ebay but with no luck so far.

Cheers,
Simon

http://www.instruction-manuals.co.uk...v/ferguson.htm

Mogweed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Mogweed wrote:
"PigPOg" wrote in message
news
Hi, can anyone help please?

This may not be the right newsgroup but I didn't know where to start
looking. I've been given a working Ferguson D14R television but the
user manual is missing and I can't figure out how to tune it in. Can
anyone suggest where I can purchase a manual? I've tried Google and
ebay but with no luck so far.

Cheers,
Simon

http://www.instruction-manuals.co.uk...v/ferguson.htm

Mogweed.

Fantastic!! I don't think he has those models.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mogweed

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
Mogweed wrote:
"PigPOg" wrote in message
news
Hi, can anyone help please?

This may not be the right newsgroup but I didn't know where to start
looking. I've been given a working Ferguson D14R television but the
user manual is missing and I can't figure out how to tune it in. Can
anyone suggest where I can purchase a manual? I've tried Google and
ebay but with no luck so far.

Cheers,
Simon

http://www.instruction-manuals.co.uk...v/ferguson.htm

Mogweed.

Fantastic!! I don't think he has those models.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

But that page gives the phone number for CPC - one quick call and he'll know
if he can get one or not. And, not only have I informed him where to look
this time, but he will now be aware that www.instruction-manuals.co.uk
exists for any future needs, which is, in my opinion, rather more helpful
than your reply of getting a remote control - he still won't know which
buttons to press to tune his set in, will he?

Mogweed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Mogweed wrote:
"PigPOg" wrote in message
[...]

Ahem, others have given him the phone number and as for ME specifiying a
remote its the most logical approach because some TV's will not let you
tune the set without the remote, its going to be a downer if he gets the
manual and finds the manual refers to the remote for tuning the TV. :-)
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
PigPOg

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:47:21 +0000, PigPOg
wrote:

Hi, can anyone help please?

This may not be the right newsgroup but I didn't know where to start
looking. I've been given a working Ferguson D14R television but the
user manual is missing and I can't figure out how to tune it in. Can
anyone suggest where I can purchase a manual? I've tried Google and
ebay but with no luck so far.

Cheers,
Simon

Thanks to all who replied. I'll give CPC a try.

Bye,
Simon