Posted to sci.electronics.repair,nz.comp
~misfit~ ~misfit~ is offline

Default Casiowriter CW-16 User Manual..

joe_90 wrote:
~misfit~ wrote:
I got an old Brother 'Wordprocessor" from a local refuse
transfer-station a few years back. Orange plasma screen, showed
about 5 lines IIRC, and a 3.5" floppy. Worked a treat. I emailed
Brother NZ and they sent me out a 200+ page photocopy of the
original manual FOC. I was very impressed with that

Agreed, excellent customer service from Brother.

Up there with the best.

It's so refreshing when you find a company that actually cares for its
end users and offers a decent level of after sales support.

I see the trend amongst software producers these days is to provide a
web based discussion forum and then answer technical support enquiries
with standard form emails that simply refer the customer to the forum.
Most unhelpful and disappointing when you're in a corner.

Yep. SOP these days though sadly. :-(

(although the wordprocessor ended up in the wheelie bin a couple
years later. Seems that nobody wanted it. The
photocopied-on-one-side manual now serves as paper for notes,
shopping lists etc.).

An expensive notepad (for Brother). You clearly 'owe' them a purchase
;-)

Yeah, I carry quite a bit of goodwill toward them for that manual. It wasn't
a total waste, a friend used it for a year before he died but I couldn't
find anyone else after that who'd take it, even free.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0