Posted to sci.electronics.repair,nz.comp

Default Casiowriter CW-16 User Manual..

"BTMO" wrote

Email the company.

They may be able to email you a pdf of the document.

And to make life easier:
https://inquiry.casio.co.jp/support/...m_I_en_f1.html

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,nz.comp

Ken wrote

Email the company.

They may be able to email you a pdf of the document.

And to make life easier:
https://inquiry.casio.co.jp/support/...m_I_en_f1.html

Its a very Old product and that would be just a Big waste of time, they do
not even list the Thermal
ribbons for it..

Actually, a big waste of time was trying to help you.

Companies often keep old manuals in case someone wants instructions some
years down the track.

Given that it would have been faster for you to email them and find out for
sure if they had a manual they could email you, than post a question here, I
wonder what your real motivation is.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,nz.comp

(Ken ) writes:
On Mon, 14 May 2007 08:28:36 +1200, "BTMO" wrote:

Ken
wrote

Email the company.

They may be able to email you a pdf of the document.

And to make life easier:
https://inquiry.casio.co.jp/support/...m_I_en_f1.html

Its a very Old product and that would be just a Big waste of time, they do
not even list the Thermal
ribbons for it..

Actually, a big waste of time was trying to help you.

Companies often keep old manuals in case someone wants instructions some
years down the track.

Given that it would have been faster for you to email them and find out for
sure if they had a manual they could email you, than post a question here, I
wonder what your real motivation is.

And I wonder what yours is..

Just to criticize and of no help at all.

Panasonic here have PDF Manuals on there Web site even for old stuff, Casio does have some watch
manual you can dnload but not for 2 of the older LCD watches that I have..

Actually, when people don't mention any attempt they've made already,
it's impossible to tell whether they are lazy or have just forgotten
to mention that they've done searches.

Just yesterday, I got a Casio organizer that was made about 2000. I
bought it at a garage sale for $3.00. I came home, and immediately did
a search. Right away, I found a site that was about the device, and it
included a link to the Casio website where the manual is.

It is usually quite difficult to not find information on the internet about
older equipment. The more popular an item, the easier it is. Because not
only may the manufacturer put the information online, but third parties
will put up information because they have an interest in the product. Those
two hand me down digital cameras I have? I've got manuals off the web
that I found because I did searches. Often, even if you can't find
information specific to a piece of equipment, you can find information
about a similar unit, that is generally applicable to the piece you have.

When it is so easy to find information, if a poster doesn't want to be
called lazy it's up to them to mention that they've done searches.

Michael

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,nz.comp

Ken, wrote:

On Mon, 14 May 2007 05:55:53 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

en,
wrote:

Well I have been around far longer that you and have been in that trade, I do know when its a waste
of time..

Which tirade is that? I've serviced electronic equipment for
paychecks for 42 years.

Main Frame Computers, AI10 Radar, oil survey gear, Guided missiles, Office equipment, Calculators,
its goes on and on..

I was even offered a job in Tampa and Miami and turned down a job in Bahamas, can you beat that..?

I rarely talk about it and can't tell you everything, but since
you've asked:

I was awarded the MOS of broadcast engineer as a civilian acquired
skill by the US Army in August 1972, after testing out of the three
years course at Ft. Monmoth, New Jersey. I worked with microwave CARS
band equipment, CATV systems for the ETV system, and to provide weather
data to all the airfields and Pilot's ready rooms around Ft. Rucker, Al.
I also repaired some older military RADAR systems when they were
shorthanded. They got ****ed when i told them that a RADAR system was a
stripped down TV system, and even more ****ed when I could take a couple
measurements and find the trouble while they were still unpacking their
custom test sets.

I installed the world's first emergency alert system that took
control of a CATV system in an emergency or state of alert. It was fed
from the control center of the base ETV complex, and put the same audio
and video on all channels.

At the next base (Ft. Greely), I had it easy. I rebuilt the radio and
TV stations, as well as producing and directing a live newscast every
night, while manning the engineering department by myself while working
about 70 hours a week. I was promoted twice that year, and received a
letter of commendation from the commanding general of the three US Army
bases in Alaska for doing "Depot Level" work at an isolated base that
existed to do real life cold weather testing on equipment the military
was considering. (A piece of WWII history: The base was a US air force
base in WWII. It was the site that Russian pilots picked up the US built
planes in the "Lend Lease" program". The building I worked in was their
mess hall in WWII. Also, the planes were flown to Alaska by women
pilots, because an man who could fly a plane had either joined the
service, or had been drafted.)

After the service, I owned an industrial electronics service company. I
had almost 200 schools under contract, and a lot of the local paper
mills, along with the steel mill.

I was an engineering tech at Microdyne I did most of the work on a
custom built 40 MHz bandwidth audio, video and data KU band
communications system for the International Space Station. It is used
for private video uplink, and to upload new data to the onboard
computers and experiments. They used our standard version receiver for
the ground links. It was a highly modified Microdyne 700 series unit
that we shipped to Lockheed martin to be mounted into the custom
aluminum rack cages used aboard the ISS. Can you tell me the available
voltage on the stations power buss? I already know.

I was also involved with the Microdyne MFR turnkey NOAA earth station
for Wallops Island, Virginia, and both the fixed and mobile Microdyne
earth stations we shipped to Italy for the European Space Agency.

I built a TV station from scratch in Destin, Florida (Ch 58) I
engineered at Ch 55 in Orlando, Florida and was offered the job of Chief
engineer at a Tampa, Florida TV station.

I did contract engineering at a number of radio stations, until I
ended up on 100% disability. Its not what I wanted to hear, that i
could no longer do the work I love, but would be limping around on a
cane, and unable to use my left hand to hold tools because of nerve
damage.

I turned dow a design engineering job in Atlanta, and another to
service the video, sound and laser display systems for a company that
installed the equipment all over the world, because I had a family
member dying of cancer at the time. The Discotheques job required me to
be ready to fly anywhere in the world on two hours notice. I told them
no, even though the pay was over $100,000 in the mid '80s. Money isn't
everything to me. Family was worth a lot more.

There other things I've done, but I doubt that you have the proper US
security clearance to hear about them and I certainly can't talk about
them on an open newsgroup.

I wonder how old you are with a attitude like that..

68.

You act like a spoiled ten year old. Why would they put them on line
when they can sell them for an inflated price? I have never found a
Casio manual online for anything I've had on the bench. After looking at
their low build quality, most of it wasn't worth even printing a manual
when they were new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Working-CASIO-TY...3126QQihZ013QQ
has the manual, a new ribbon and the original box for $49.95. buyitnow.

It took me all of ten seconds to find it online. Either buy it, or
STHU.

Yes but I am in New Zealand not the USA the freight will kill it.

So, you're too damn lazy to email the seller to see if he will scan
it and sell you a copy?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Pioneer DJM600 user manual or service manual wanted powerampfreak Electronics Repair 1 April 6th 07 11:36 PM
User manual help [email protected] Electronics Repair 9 December 12th 06 10:45 AM
WANTED: Pioneer PRO-1009W Service manual and User manual 427Cobraman Electronics Repair 0 April 2nd 06 01:54 AM
TV user manual PigPOg UK diy 9 November 22nd 05 08:29 AM
cooker user manual needed John G UK diy 4 August 18th 05 06:00 PM