Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Stanton STR8-100 running fast.

I recently acquired two Stanton STR8*100 turntables but one of them
has begun to have problems. When I press Start it goes to flyaway
speed instantly regardless of where the speed selection button is
(33/45/78). I can reach the correct speed by slowing it down with my
fingers but if I use the Pitch Slider, Pitch Bend, Pitch Select or any
speed change it just goes back to flyaway speed. If I use the reverse
button I get any of two reactions, it either stops totally or goes to
flyaway speed.

Another thing, when I press the Stop button it does not stop
immendiately like it should but acts as motor kill.

Thanks for any help you might give me...

Odrec

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Odrec wrote:
I recently acquired two Stanton STR8*100 turntables but one of them
has begun to have problems. When I press Start it goes to flyaway
speed instantly regardless of where the speed selection button is
(33/45/78). I can reach the correct speed by slowing it down with my
fingers but if I use the Pitch Slider, Pitch Bend, Pitch Select or any
speed change it just goes back to flyaway speed. If I use the reverse
button I get any of two reactions, it either stops totally or goes to
flyaway speed.

Another thing, when I press the Stop button it does not stop
immendiately like it should but acts as motor kill.

Thanks for any help you might give me...

Odrec

Often runaway speed means the loss of a FG tach pulse, such as from a
magnetic or optical speed sensing device. Sometimes even a dirty control or
switch can cause this.

In this case however, I'm thinking bad solder connections or maybe a bad
drive IC. Seems to me that if the FG were missing the braking would still
work.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 10 May 2007 16:09:31 -0700, Odrec put finger
to keyboard and composed:

I recently acquired two Stanton STR8*100 turntables but one of them
has begun to have problems. When I press Start it goes to flyaway
speed instantly regardless of where the speed selection button is
(33/45/78). I can reach the correct speed by slowing it down with my
fingers but if I use the Pitch Slider, Pitch Bend, Pitch Select or any
speed change it just goes back to flyaway speed. If I use the reverse
button I get any of two reactions, it either stops totally or goes to
flyaway speed.

Another thing, when I press the Stop button it does not stop
immendiately like it should but acts as motor kill.

Thanks for any help you might give me...

Odrec

I'm not familiar with your t/t, but it sounds like it has a servo
problem, possibly a lack of rotational feedback ???

Before doing any serious troubleshooting, I'd squirt all the pots and
switches with cleaning solvent/lubricant.

FWIW, the instruction manual is he
http://www.vinylengine.com/library_m...model=STR8-100

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Nuck from ecoustics.com replied:

Odrec, the input to the speed control is open, there is a wire missing
from the 3 wire connection between control and motor. Search the wire
back from the control board, one is voltage supply, one is reference,
one is signal.

I am gonna give it a try.

Hot water heater: running out of water too fast mdo Home Repair 9 March 6th 07 09:23 PM
Friction in Stanton STR8-30 Turntable [email protected] Electronics Repair 8 January 15th 07 01:22 AM
make lots of money, fast - 10K/month!! :P + 100% legal!! wrighty Home Repair 0 June 11th 06 10:19 AM
Stanton engines?? steamer Metalworking 2 November 27th 05 05:36 PM
$100 Dust Collector and $100 Oscillating Spindle Sander, should I buy or save my money slindars Woodworking 2 November 10th 04 01:30 AM