Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Odrec Odrec is offline

Default Stanton STR8-100 running fast.

I recently acquired two Stanton STR8*100 turntables but one of them
has begun to have problems. When I press Start it goes to flyaway
speed instantly regardless of where the speed selection button is
(33/45/78). I can reach the correct speed by slowing it down with my
fingers but if I use the Pitch Slider, Pitch Bend, Pitch Select or any
speed change it just goes back to flyaway speed. If I use the reverse
button I get any of two reactions, it either stops totally or goes to
flyaway speed.

Another thing, when I press the Stop button it does not stop
immendiately like it should but acts as motor kill.

Thanks for any help you might give me...

Odrec