slindars

Default $100 Dust Collector and $100 Oscillating Spindle Sander, should I buy or save my money

I have the opportunity to purchase a few items from a cabinet shop
that has just upgraded their machines. I wanted to get folks advice
on this to see if they are wise purchases given a limited budget. I'm
setting up my first woodshop so I'm slowly acquiring the tools when I
have the chance.

He has a nice 2HP Dust Collector and a very nice Oscillating Spindle
Sander. The Sander is a full sized floor unit. Price is $100 per
item. Seems like a great deal, especially the Dust Collector. Both
items are in good condition and look like they are quality (no brand
names to offer) Should I go get these or save my money for other
tools?

I have an old Craftsman table saw that does the trick for now, and an
average set of hand tools and other power tools (Miter saw, Sanders,
Router). I'm also interested in buying a bandsaw and jointer when the
price and time is right.

Bob

"slindars" wrote in message
m...

He has a nice 2HP Dust Collector and a very nice Oscillating Spindle
Sander. The Sander is a full sized floor unit. Price is $100 per
item. Seems like a great deal, especially the Dust Collector.

It sounds good. If its a true 2hp motor, its probably going to be 220 volt
only. Do you have the wiring to support it?

Get him to let you run them and see what they sound like. If they are worn
out, they are not a good buy at any price.

Bob

easy money Onemoredrunk Home Ownership 0 October 11th 04 02:00 AM
Dust Collectors: A killer health hazard! Clarke Echols Woodworking 14 March 24th 04 04:26 AM
FAST MONEY!!! Busy73 Home Ownership 0 July 25th 03 10:12 PM