Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Epson Stylus 2200 is having a depressive fit, maybe....

Howdy --

I went ploughing through Google Groups and couldn't find any references to
my printer, so....
Does anyone know how to un-clog the ink system in this machine? It doesn't
seem to have the same kind of nozzles as every other Epson out there! I the
last week, two of the colors have cut out completely, so I 'm pretty much
guessing about the clogging issue. The cartridges aren't ancient. If I
could find a manual that doesn't turn out to be useless (!) that would be
great -- just don't want to spend any nickels on something I can't peek at
first.
Thanks for any pointers --

Tara

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 23, 8:08?pm, "Tara Banfield" wrote:
Howdy --

I went ploughing through Google Groups and couldn't find any references to
- just don't want to spend any nickels on something I can't peek at
first.
Thanks for any pointers --

Tara

Google for a service manual. Or better yet read the manual that came
with the printer. There is a cleaning cycle.

Bob AZ

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hmmm.

Yes, there IS a cleaning cycle! The (not-listening) Epson tech told me to
try that routine AFTER I told him I had tried that routine over and over and
OVER.
BEFORE I called him.
And it has been run over and over and over again! About a dozen times. I
thought it would cure the missing light magenta lines. But then, one of the
black blocks disappeared on the test page! Somebody's constipated, I tell
ya.
I sort of assumed I should run all the tests and checks and follow all the
instructions AND contact Epson before I went looking for help here, so I
did! Honest! That sucker's been cleaned to kingdom come. Lots of ink down
the pike. Still constipated. All of that was done BEFORE I came here, and
after the many unproductive nozzle checks and cleaning cycles.
Googled like mad for a service manual. BEFORE I came here. Haven't got
spare change to throw at a document I can't evaluate beforehand, so thought
"Hey -- maybe some kind person has a pointer to some convenient resources!"
I have bought utterly worthless "Complete repair manual" products before.
Yes, I know how to use search engines. It's true. But if we all were just
supposed to clam up and go buy a service manual, what's this group here for?

Tara

"Bob AZ" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Apr 23, 8:08?pm, "Tara Banfield" wrote:
Howdy --

I went ploughing through Google Groups and couldn't find any references

- just don't want to spend any nickels on something I can't peek at
first.
Thanks for any pointers --

Tara

Google for a service manual. Or better yet read the manual that came
with the printer. There is a cleaning cycle.

Bob AZ

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Tara Banfield" wrote in message
[...]

There are many issues regarding Epsons and both genuine and apparent ink
clogs. You may never actually get a fix on it. In the last 3 years, I have
thrown away two Epson all-in-ones in utter frustration. The dipstick at
Epson support had become like a family friend. I have now gone back to an
HP, which never clogs. All of which doesn't help your immediate problem. Try
the following links. I'm sure you'll find the info right away, or someone
who knows how to help you directly

www.fixyourownprinter.com www.eserviceinfo.com

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks, Arfa!

I had an HP awhile back -- the fountain kept spitting ink all over the
rollers and it tracked like mad, and I can't count the number of times I
sent it back. The cleaning kit was useless. But....hey....it DIDN'T clog.
Never thought of that.
I'm starting to think that level 1 tech support EVERYWHERE is done by
goobers.
Once, I had an ink-munching Lexmark that kept on going and going and
going......it was worth the extra ink!
I'll go take a look at those links -- thank you!

Tara

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Tara Banfield" wrote in message

(...)

There are many issues regarding Epsons and both genuine and apparent ink
clogs. You may never actually get a fix on it. In the last 3 years, I have
thrown away two Epson all-in-ones in utter frustration. The dipstick at
Epson support had become like a family friend. I have now gone back to an
HP, which never clogs. All of which doesn't help your immediate problem.

Try
the following links. I'm sure you'll find the info right away, or someone
who knows how to help you directly

www.fixyourownprinter.com www.eserviceinfo.com

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Tara Banfield" wrote in message

Yes, there IS a cleaning cycle! The (not-listening) Epson tech told me to
try that routine AFTER I told him I had tried that routine over and over
and
OVER.

Thee is a cleaning fluid for these. Try http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/
and search for your model.

--
..

--
..
..

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 24, 1:41 am, "Tara Banfield" wrote:
[...]

"Bob AZ" wrote in message

ps.com...

On Apr 23, 8:08?pm, "Tara Banfield" wrote:
Howdy --

I went ploughing through Google Groups and couldn't find any references

- just don't want to spend any nickels on something I can't peek at
first.
Thanks for any pointers --

Tara

Google for a service manual. Or better yet read the manual that came
with the printer. There is a cleaning cycle.

Bob AZ- Hide quoted text -

I refuse to have any EPSON printers in my house after experiencing
similar problems. While they work , they are fine. But they just get
new ink, not new nozzles when you put in a new cartridge. That makes
it a little cheaper, for a while, but when you have to buy a whole new
printer because the nozzles are hopelessly clogged, it's not saving
anything. I now go for Canon, HP and Lexmark printers, They have new
nozzles with each new cartridge, and the cartridges can be refilled
quite a few ( more than 10 times in my experience) if you are so
inclined.

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Well -- the 2200 doesn't have the same kind of nozzle setup, and you can't
do the syringe flush routine, which is what that fluid is designed to do (I
checked that out in phase one). HOWEVER.....Arfa's advice led me to a
service manual for $4.95. It's enormous, but assumes the person doing the
repairs is a professional! I'll have to draw a bunch of conclusions, but
that's okay. It's either risk permanent printer damage or toss the printer.
No dilemma.
Since I'm now officially allergic to HP and Epson, I guess it's Lexmark and
Canon for me!

Tara
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

--
.
.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Tara Banfield" wrote in message

Since I'm now officially allergic to HP and Epson, I guess it's Lexmark
and
Canon for me!

I've been happiest with my Brother.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

�HOWEVER.....Arfa's advice led me to a
service manual for $4.95. *It's enormous, but assumes the person doing the
repairs is a professional!

Where is the manual for $4.95?

Bob AZ

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Joe Joe is offline

In article , "Tara Banfield"
wrote:

Well -- the 2200 doesn't have the same kind of nozzle setup, and you can't

snip

Try posting your problem to

comp.periphs.printers

There is a guy there that seems to be an expert at unclogging Epsons.

--- Joe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

http://www.smpcshop.com/

Thanks everyone, for the help!