kofi Mpengya

Default Epson Stylus Photo 825 Printer port

Please good pals,
A good friend of mine has this Epson Stylus Photo 825 printer
and would like to connect it to a standart TV ( as monitor prreview
for printing photographs). The printer has two ports; a USB and
another ten pin port which looks like an S-Video socket but the manual
that came with the printer does not say anything about this ten pin
port. Now my problem is how do I connect the printer to standard TV
from this port? because all the cable available seems to fit only DVD
player (5 pins)May I know the name of this ten pin cable / socket?and
where can I obtain some. Can I match it to the Audio-Video input of a
standard TV or is there any way I can hook it up to a stand alone
computer monitor. I know it can be connected to a PC thru" the USB
port but using a stand-alone monitor or a standard TV will be more
convinient.
I have consulted the Epson on-line customer section on the net but
no reply.
Thanks in advance.
Dan - Gh. W/A
NSM

"kofi Mpengya" wrote in message
om...
| Please good pals,
| A good friend of mine has this Epson Stylus Photo 825 printer
| and would like to connect it to a standart TV ( as monitor prreview
| for printing photographs). The printer has two ports; a USB and
| another ten pin port which looks like an S-Video socket but the manual
| that came with the printer does not say anything about this ten pin
| port. Now my problem is how do I connect the printer to standard TV
| from this port? because all the cable available seems to fit only DVD
| player (5 pins)May I know the name of this ten pin cable / socket?and
| where can I obtain some. Can I match it to the Audio-Video input of a
| standard TV or is there any way I can hook it up to a stand alone
| computer monitor. I know it can be connected to a PC thru" the USB
| port but using a stand-alone monitor or a standard TV will be more
| convinient.
| I have consulted the Epson on-line customer section on the net but
| no reply.
| Thanks in advance.
| Dan - Gh. W/A

"Can this be done?"

No. Might as well try to power a lawn mower with an ice cream cone.

Graham

No. Might as well try to power a lawn mower with an ice cream cone.

Might as well try and get Dolby 5.1 from a wax cylinder

Jerry G.

This cannot be done directly. You will need the proper decoder equipment to
convert the TV pictures to a print format to be compatible to the printer.
This takes a computer with the proper boards, and a TV video source to the
computer.

You are going to spend some descent money to do what you want.

--

Jerry G.
==========================

[...]

Tim

"Jerry G." wrote in message ...
[...]

Print an index sheet, or buy the optional preview screen (low res LCD
panel - progressive scan and definately not an output you can use with
anything else). There is no way this printer will drive an external
monitor let alone a TV screen.
The connector is for the optional preview screen.
kofi Mpengya

none wrote in message . ..
On 26 Oct 2004 09:52:17 -0700, (kofi Mpengya)
wrote:

[...]

There was a device made to do just that though I can't remember
offhand who made it or what it was called.
It was a hardware device that enabled you to view digital camera files
as well as jpgs on your tv screen.

Thanks a lot for ya responds. I will also like to know if I can
preview the pictures on a computer b4 printing ie by just hooking it
up with a USB cable.
Infact Epson is not trying to be of any help.