Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tara Banfield Tara Banfield is offline

Default Epson Stylus 2200 is having a depressive fit, maybe....

Hmmm.

Yes, there IS a cleaning cycle! The (not-listening) Epson tech told me to
try that routine AFTER I told him I had tried that routine over and over and
OVER.
BEFORE I called him.
And it has been run over and over and over again! About a dozen times. I
thought it would cure the missing light magenta lines. But then, one of the
black blocks disappeared on the test page! Somebody's constipated, I tell
ya.
I sort of assumed I should run all the tests and checks and follow all the
instructions AND contact Epson before I went looking for help here, so I
did! Honest! That sucker's been cleaned to kingdom come. Lots of ink down
the pike. Still constipated. All of that was done BEFORE I came here, and
after the many unproductive nozzle checks and cleaning cycles.
Googled like mad for a service manual. BEFORE I came here. Haven't got
spare change to throw at a document I can't evaluate beforehand, so thought
"Hey -- maybe some kind person has a pointer to some convenient resources!"
I have bought utterly worthless "Complete repair manual" products before.
Yes, I know how to use search engines. It's true. But if we all were just
supposed to clam up and go buy a service manual, what's this group here for?

Tara

"Bob AZ" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Apr 23, 8:08?pm, "Tara Banfield" wrote:
Howdy --

I went ploughing through Google Groups and couldn't find any references

- just don't want to spend any nickels on something I can't peek at
first.
Thanks for any pointers --

Tara

Google for a service manual. Or better yet read the manual that came
with the printer. There is a cleaning cycle.

Bob AZ