Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Al Al is offline

Default Philips PM3262 Oscope Failure Help needed

I picked up a Philips PM3262 Oscope at my town's recycling center. it
looks like it has been well used.

I plugged it in and turned it on. It worked normally for about 2 minutes
and then shut down. The ckt breaker on it did not pop. The "ON" light
was off. After I let it sit for a while, this repeated.

I don't have schematics and when I took the covers off I did not see
anything obviously out of kilter.

Has anyone had this problem and fixed it easily? If so, could you post
the fix?

Thanks in advance.

Al
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Al wrote:
I picked up a Philips PM3262 Oscope at my town's recycling center. it
looks like it has been well used.

I plugged it in and turned it on. It worked normally for about 2 minutes
and then shut down. The ckt breaker on it did not pop. The "ON" light
was off. After I let it sit for a while, this repeated.

I don't have schematics and when I took the covers off I did not see
anything obviously out of kilter.

Has anyone had this problem and fixed it easily? If so, could you post
the fix?

Thanks in advance.

Al

Had a similar problem with a Philips PM scope.
Turned out to be the high voltage transformer shorted a turn
after it warmed up. I rewound the thing...yeah, that was an ordeal.
Worked for a few days and shorted out again.
mike

--
Return address is VALID!
Bunch-O-Stuff Forsale He
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 21:26:32 +0000, Al wrote:

I picked up a Philips PM3262 Oscope at my town's recycling center. it
looks like it has been well used.

I plugged it in and turned it on. It worked normally for about 2 minutes
and then shut down. The ckt breaker on it did not pop. The "ON" light
was off. After I let it sit for a while, this repeated.

I don't have schematics and when I took the covers off I did not see
anything obviously out of kilter.

Has anyone had this problem and fixed it easily? If so, could you post
the fix?

Thanks in advance.

Al

Had one of these as a bench 'scope back in the day. Most of the internal
voltages come from a switch mode power supply which will fail as you
describe at the slightest provocation. Tough to fix without circuit
diagrams and you will need a 'scope that works.....