Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Dead speakers!?

Wonder if anyone can help, I (stupidly) plugged in a set of US
speakers into a socket in Australia. They worked for a few minutes
then died. Have I stuffed them altogether or just blown a fuse?
Appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Danny

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...

Wonder if anyone can help, I (stupidly) plugged in a set of US
speakers into a socket in Australia.

How? The Aussie socket is a US 240 volt socket.

They worked for a few minutes
then died. Have I stuffed them altogether or just blown a fuse?

Maybe. Ask around for a local repair guy.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 26 Mar, 09:31, wrote:
Wonder if anyone can help, I (stupidly) plugged in a set of US
speakers into a socket in Australia. They worked for a few minutes
then died. Have I stuffed them altogether or just blown a fuse?
Appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Danny

open them and find out. Or if you dont know to open them and find out
whats wrong, maybe best leave them alone.

Whats the time/value ratio for pc speakers?

If you use a multimeter you should be able to find out whats going on
where.

NT

In-wall Speakers RML Home Repair 9 February 18th 07 10:35 AM
Speakers bodger UK diy 38 December 14th 06 01:51 PM
Refinishing Speakers DMKinPA Woodworking 3 May 1st 05 01:53 PM
Way OT _> under cupboard speakers Richard UK diy 11 April 11th 05 12:26 PM
how do i turn off the tv speakers Mike G. Electronics Repair 2 January 18th 04 06:42 AM