Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

Default Novice needs help with crazy project

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 01:55:57 GMT, "Jack"
wrote:

Other than just pig-headed stubbornness, is there any reason why you
top-post?

I work in an environment where a very large amount of communication is done
via email between a very large number of people in a Fortune 500 company and
everyone top posts.

---
This is not a very large Fortune 500 company and this is not email.
This is USENET and hardly anyone top posts.
---

It just seems right to us. I was not trying to be difficult.
I was only ignorant of your adamancy.

---
I assumed, since you've been here for about a month and have posted
17 articles, (and no doubt read many more threads) that you would
have noticed that bottom posting was the norm. Since that didn't
seem to be the case, I asked you to bottom post and when you refused
to I was curious about your motivation.

For your edification:

http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

--
JF
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

Jack wrote:

Other than just pig-headed stubbornness, is there any reason why you
top-post?

I work in an environment where a very large amount of communication is done
via email between a very large number of people in a Fortune 500 company and
everyone top posts. It just seems right to us. I was not trying to be
difficult. I was only ignorant of your adamancy.

This isn't email, its Usenet.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:33:31 -0500, John Fields wrote:
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 01:55:57 GMT, "Jack"

someone wrote
Other than just pig-headed stubbornness, is there any reason why you
top-post?

I work in an environment where a very large amount of communication is done
via email between a very large number of people in a Fortune 500 company and
everyone top posts.

This is not a very large Fortune 500 company and this is not email.
This is USENET and hardly anyone top posts.

For your edification:

http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Excellent page!

Thanks!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:05:58 +0000, MassiveProng wrote:

testing

"MassiveProng" wrote in

Why have you adopted the pseudonym of the most hated, reviled, stupid,
profane, useless piece of crap that USENET has ever produced?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics
sg sg is offline

just a thought how about using wireless. I guess the quality might not
be good and will have some delay.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

YD wrote:

Late at night, by candle light, MassiveProng
penned this immortal
opus:

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 10:46:24 -0300, YD Gave us:

Late at night, by candle light, John Fields
penned this immortal opus:

On 17 Mar 2007 11:57:20 -0700, "jerry"
wrote:

On Mar 17, 2:16 pm, "jim menning" wrote:

"jerry" wrote in message

oglegroups.com...

Gurus,

I need your help...

I am an amateur triathlete and I'm getting ready for the start of the
triathlon season and I had this problem last year that I'm trying to
solve.

The problem is that during an open-water triathlon swim I need to skip
a stroke every so often to lift my head out of the water and site the
next turn buoy. I usually find myself off course by a few yards and
need to make corrections. This costs me time from being off course
and from skipping a stroke. So, I had this idea to take apart an old
digital camera or picture phone and mount the camera part to the back
of my head and attach the LCD part in front of my goggles.

Sound

Will such a device be illegal in competition?- Hide quoted text -

Not yet!

---
But, if it's patented, it'll be illegal for you to build one.

A one-off for personal use is allowed.

One used to be able to make a "cable box" for "experimental
purposes".

They still may, but using it on the cable line is where the felony
theft of service comes in. Doesn't do much just sitting there without
a cable hooked to it.

If I EVER made a "one off" of someone else's patented product or
process, I would certainly be in correspondence with that person.

It is just plain good civil practice, and if you claim to be a
member of civil society, you should have enough presence of mind to
know the difference between an experiment and a rip off or avoidance
of paying one's dues.

Oh **** off. I'll do whatever I damn well please and there's nothing
you can do about it except **** and moan.

- YD.

DOn't worry YD, he's a ****, that is why he can **** and moan at the
same time!..

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:05:47 GMT, Rich Grise Gave
us:

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:05:58 +0000, MassiveProng wrote:

testing

"MassiveProng" wrote in

Why have you adopted the pseudonym of the most hated, reviled, stupid,
profane, useless piece of crap that USENET has ever produced?

Can't handle my jabs... that's all you're about, BOY!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics
YD YD is offline

Late at night, by candle light, MassiveProng
penned this immortal
opus:

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 01:05:53 -0300, YD Gave us:

"jerry" wrote in message

[...]

That is only due to the fact that I follow laws. If that were not
the case, dumb ****tards like you would be plowing fields at a prison
farm, because that is where I would ship your ass, trial or not.

Oh **** off a bit more. If I find the design for something that
interests me I'll build it no matter what. Now stick that in your
prong and light it up.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics
YD YD is offline

Late at night, by candle light, Jamie
t penned this
immortal opus:

wrote:

On Mar 17, 2:16 pm, "jim menning" wrote:

"jerry" wrote in message

ooglegroups.com...

[...]

LOL!

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:05:47 GMT, Rich Grise Gave
us:

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:05:58 +0000, MassiveProng wrote:

testing

"MassiveProng" wrote in

Why have you adopted the pseudonym of the most hated, reviled, stupid,
profane, useless piece of crap that USENET has ever produced?

Because the ****ing retarded twit doesn't realize that spoofing
someone else's posting info is a severe TOS violation, and that
verizon will soon be letting him know that very thing.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Mar 17, 5:21 pm, John Fields wrote:

But, if it's patented, it'll be illegal for you to build one.

It's illegal to build one to the patent specs, however patents are
very specific. Using something besides fiber optics, and mounting the
screen in a different manner pretty much gets him around this patent.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:14:21 +0000, feebo Gave us:

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 07:36:00 -0700, MassiveProng
wrote:

I do. It was the same silver powder used for photography. Very
fast burn, very bright flash. The fireworks folks still use it in
almost everything. It is called flash powder.

he he... "Flash powder" lol!

That's what it is called, you ****ing retard!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:13:33 +0000, feebo Gave us:

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:08:48 -0700, MassiveProng
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 02:03:52 GMT, Jonathan Kirwan
Gave us:

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:54:55 -0700, MassiveProng
wrote:

snip
I am fully aware of how they are constructed, and why there IS
airspace in them.
snip

You still abundantly proved you know nothing about their chemistry to
everyone. You still are in serious need of almost any education.

Best of luck with your infantile insults, which are at least at a
level consistent with your science knowledge.

I would bet right now, ****tard, that you do not even know what is
in one. (the old, out of production REAL versions, not the **** out
there today).

"bangy stuff"?

No. That is what you let your boyfriend cream you up with.

BTW sinced you like to lecture people on usenet etiquette...

**** you , retard.

STOP ****ING CROSS-POSTING TO ALT.WORLD.PLUS.DOG!!!!

You're a goddamned idiot.

Novice needs help with crazy project jerry Electronics 132 March 22nd 07 01:31 AM
Fencing novice jezza UK diy 4 December 14th 06 08:10 AM
NOVICE PROJECT J T Woodworking 0 February 13th 05 01:07 AM
Novice sharpening Jon Endres, PE Woodturning 8 December 12th 04 07:18 PM
Novice Richard Clements Woodworking 11 August 28th 04 10:01 PM