Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

Default Novice needs help with crazy project

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:20:42 GMT, (mojo) Gave
us:

some people dont want to have to scroll every msg down to the second page
to read the response .. !!

Lazy ****tard. Get out of Usenet then you retarded ****.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:04:55 -0500, Jamie
t Gave us:

It was there for decided in court that the patent was invalid,
and soon after, the company got a patent for them self's on this product.

Your spelling and grammar is so atrocious that you deserve no
further credence, if you had any to begin with.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 00:17:56 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
Gave us:

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 13:01:38 -0600, CJT wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:37:56 -0400, krw wrote:

[snip]

A one-off for personal use is allowed.

No, it is not.

Yeth it is ;-)

cite?

My personal patent attorney, over lunch, during a discussion of
cable-buster boxes. Many years ago, prior to the institution of
theft-of-service laws.

If you were correct, why would theft-of-service laws be necessary?

To prosecute people who tamper with the CATV physical plant, which
was happening LONG before there was any scrambling equipment. I've seen
photos were some dumbass hacksawed the shield off the .750" CATV
trunkline. Then he connected it directly to his TV set. The high RF
levels blew out the RF amp, and the 30 VAC 30 A power supply set the
input circuit on fire. Most of the system went down when he opened the
shield, so it wasn't very long before the damage was found. Then, the
stupid SOB tried to sue the CATV company for the damage to his TV, and
not having warning labels that the lines were carrying AC power.

Hard line cable service carries a 60V DC supply.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 03:42:41 GMT, "Jack" Gave
us:

So is it written in stone somewhere that contributors to this group have to
post in some certain way??

It isn't "this group" you ****ing retard. It is ALL of Usenet, and
you should learn about the forum you interlope your lame, retarded ass
into.

It called accepted convention. You do stop at red lights, right,
you lazy TOFU ****?

You should be completely ignored until your retarded ass complies.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:05:11 GMT, Jonathan Kirwan
Gave us:

You are just upset

**** off, thieving dip****.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

So is it written in stone somewhere that contributors to this group have to
post in some certain way??

---
It's not written in stone, of course, but the culture of the group
is to bottom post and to inline post when necessary in order to make
a response clearer or less confusing.

For some reason, even though you've been asked to bottom post you
steadfastly refuse even though you've been here long enough to have
seen that's what we do.

Other than just pig-headed stubbornness, is there any reason why you
top-post?

--
JF
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Mar 17, 5:21 pm, John Fields wrote:
On 17 Mar 2007 11:57:20 -0700, "jerry"
wrote:

On Mar 17, 2:16 pm, "jim menning" wrote:
"jerry" wrote in message

groups.com...

Gurus,

I need your help...

I am an amateur triathlete and I'm getting ready for the start of the
triathlon season and I had this problem last year that I'm trying to
solve.

The problem is that during an open-water triathlon swim I need to skip
a stroke every so often to lift my head out of the water and site the
next turn buoy. I usually find myself off course by a few yards and
need to make corrections. This costs me time from being off course
and from skipping a stroke. So, I had this idea to take apart an old
digital camera or picture phone and mount the camera part to the back
of my head and attach the LCD part in front of my goggles.

Sound

Will such a device be illegal in competition?- Hide quoted text -

Not yet!

---
But, if it's patented, it'll be illegal for you to build one.

--
JF- Hide quoted text -

I just looked at the patent he refrenced, and I'm not so sure it
applies.
It talks about using a fiberoptic cable, and seems more of a "flexible
periscope"
than a camera based system.

Which would make the whole patent subthread a moot point.

But I am not a lawyer, and only cursorily glanced at the patent ...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 03:58:30 -0700, MassiveProng
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:05:11 GMT, Jonathan Kirwan
Gave us:

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 01:04:17 -0700, MassiveProng
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:41:28 GMT, Jonathan Kirwan
Gave us:

And here we may need to disagree, though I'm not interested in
debating it at length.

Most thieves aren't.

You are just upset because not so many hours ago you showed your
complete ignorance about chemistry and through your refusal to face
the facts demonstrated yourself also to be an obdurate idiot.

Deal with it.

**** off, thieving dip****.

Ah, your explicit accusation finally arrives, if a little infantile in
the insults. But I suppose your abilities there are on a par with
your demonstrated abilities in science and math, so no surprise.

Get a brain and then an education, in that order.

Best wishes,
Jon
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics
YD YD is offline

Late at night, by candle light, John Fields
penned this immortal opus:

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:41:28 GMT, Jonathan Kirwan
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:10:13 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

schnipp-schnapp

I disagree slightly with your use of the word 'discovery' over
'invention', the implication being that the Venus de Milo was
already in the block of marble just waiting to be let out.

I've heard a sculptor describe his works just like that

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:04:55 -0500, Jamie
t Gave us:

It was there for decided in court that the patent was invalid,
and soon after, the company got a patent for them self's on this product.

Your spelling and grammar is so atrocious that you deserve no
further credence, if you had any to begin with.

why don't you get that pecker out of your mouth, it doesn't belong to you!
oops, sorry, i forget. some one told me they thought you might be one of
those unfortunate souls that can't afford to have your lights on.
That would explain it.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 20:01:25 GMT, Jonathan Kirwan
Gave us:

Get a brain and then an education, in that order.

**** off, then die in any order you want.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:20:57 -0700, MassiveProng
wrote:

**** off, then die in any order you want.

You are still infantile as ever. Oh, well. Meanwhile, please check
with someone other than your dad about M80's and where their oxygen
comes from. You may learn something.

Jon

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:51:34 -0300, YD Gave us:

I've heard a sculptor describe his works just like that

I'll bet you don't know any sculptors. :-]
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:19:05 -0500, Jamie
t Gave us:

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:04:55 -0500, Jamie
t Gave us:

It was there for decided in court that the patent was invalid,
and soon after, the company got a patent for them self's on this product.

Your spelling and grammar is so atrocious that you deserve no
further credence, if you had any to begin with.

why don't you get that pecker out of your mouth, it doesn't belong to you!
oops, sorry, i forget. some one told me they thought you might be one of
those unfortunate souls that can't afford to have your lights on.
That would explain it.

You could be a bit more retarded, little boy, just not in this life.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 01:25:01 GMT, Jonathan Kirwan
Gave us:

wrote:

**** off, then die in any order you want.

You are still infantile as ever.

Said the retarded **** that said I needed a brain?

Hypocrite!

Oh, well. Meanwhile, please check
with someone other than your dad about M80's

I lived in Cincinnati, right across the river from the Kentucky
plant that made them for the Army, you retarded ****.

and where their oxygen
comes from. You may learn something.

I am fully aware of how they are constructed, and why there IS
airspace in them.

Jon, the utter retard.

Yep... I concur.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

Other than just pig-headed stubbornness, is there any reason why you
top-post?

I work in an environment where a very large amount of communication is done
via email between a very large number of people in a Fortune 500 company and
everyone top posts. It just seems right to us. I was not trying to be
difficult. I was only ignorant of your adamancy.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:54:55 -0700, MassiveProng
wrote:

snip
I am fully aware of how they are constructed, and why there IS
airspace in them.
snip

You still abundantly proved you know nothing about their chemistry to
everyone. You still are in serious need of almost any education.

Best of luck with your infantile insults, which are at least at a
level consistent with your science knowledge.

Jon

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 01:55:57 GMT, "Jack" Gave
us:

Other than just pig-headed stubbornness, is there any reason why you
top-post?

I work in an environment where a very large amount of communication is done
via email between a very large number of people in a Fortune 500 company and
everyone top posts. It just seems right to us. I was not trying to be
difficult. I was only ignorant of your adamancy.

This is NOT email, and you should use something OTHER than Outhouse
Express to read your news with, and post from.

Google "News Client".
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 02:03:52 GMT, Jonathan Kirwan
Gave us:

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:54:55 -0700, MassiveProng
wrote:

snip
I am fully aware of how they are constructed, and why there IS
airspace in them.
snip

You still abundantly proved you know nothing about their chemistry to
everyone. You still are in serious need of almost any education.

Best of luck with your infantile insults, which are at least at a
level consistent with your science knowledge.

I would bet right now, ****tard, that you do not even know what is
in one. (the old, out of production REAL versions, not the **** out
there today).
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 01:55:57 +0000, Jack wrote:

Other than just pig-headed stubbornness, is there any reason why you
top-post?

I work in an environment where a very large amount of communication is done
via email between a very large number of people in a Fortune 500 company and
everyone top posts. It just seems right to us. I was not trying to be
difficult. I was only ignorant of your adamancy.

That's email.

This is USENET.

There's a significant difference. (several differences, actually.)

Try this:
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Usenet/Etiquette/

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:08:48 -0700, MassiveProng
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 02:03:52 GMT, Jonathan Kirwan
Gave us:

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:54:55 -0700, MassiveProng
wrote:

snip
I am fully aware of how they are constructed, and why there IS
airspace in them.
snip

You still abundantly proved you know nothing about their chemistry to
everyone. You still are in serious need of almost any education.

Best of luck with your infantile insults, which are at least at a
level consistent with your science knowledge.

I would bet right now, ****tard, that you do not even know what is
in one. (the old, out of production REAL versions, not the **** out
there today).

I'm glad you imagine you do. It doesn't change the fact that you
abundantly announced to everyone that you know almost nothing about
chemistry and are seriously in need of an education.

Jon
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics
YD YD is offline

Late at night, by candle light, MassiveProng
penned this immortal
opus:

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 10:46:24 -0300, YD Gave us:

"jerry" wrote in message

[...]

One used to be able to make a "cable box" for "experimental
purposes".

They still may, but using it on the cable line is where the felony
theft of service comes in. Doesn't do much just sitting there without
a cable hooked to it.

If I EVER made a "one off" of someone else's patented product or
process, I would certainly be in correspondence with that person.

It is just plain good civil practice, and if you claim to be a
member of civil society, you should have enough presence of mind to
know the difference between an experiment and a rip off or avoidance
of paying one's dues.

Oh **** off. I'll do whatever I damn well please and there's nothing
you can do about it except **** and moan.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

HEY MANG WAT U DO GIV ME HELP FO MY PROJET WAT IS A CAPCITOR

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

**** off, then die in any order you want.

You are still infantile as ever.

Said the retarded **** that said I needed a brain?

Hypocrite!

Oh, well. Meanwhile, please check
with someone other than your dad about M80's

I lived in Cincinnati, right across the river from the Kentucky
plant that made them for the Army, you retarded ****.

and where their oxygen
comes from. You may learn something.

I am fully aware of how they are constructed, and why there IS
airspace in them.

Consider how much oxygen is consumed when they explode, compared to how
much oxygen is in that airspace:

M80s have something like 99% or more of their oxidation done by oxygen
in non-gaseous material that they have.

- Don Klipstein )
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

In article , MassiveProng wrote:
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 02:03:52 GMT, Jonathan Kirwan
Gave us:

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:54:55 -0700, MassiveProng
wrote:

snip
I am fully aware of how they are constructed, and why there IS
airspace in them.
snip

You still abundantly proved you know nothing about their chemistry to
everyone. You still are in serious need of almost any education.

Best of luck with your infantile insults, which are at least at a
level consistent with your science knowledge.

I would bet right now, ****tard, that you do not even know what is
in one. (the old, out of production REAL versions, not the **** out
there today).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-80_%28explosive%29

That article mentions use of "flash powder". A main ingredient of that
is an oxidizer that is usually a chlorate or a perchlorate of sodium or
potassium, although permanganate of potassium has been done and
permanganate of something else such as sodium is possible. Nitrates
are also cited as oxidizer. The fuel of "flash powder" is typically
powder of magnesium or aluminum, although I consider doable with a mixture
of these, also to lesser extent with titanium and other metals towards the
left end of the periodic table that do not excessively spontaneously
corrode when exposed to air (which largely excludes metals in the first
column and metals in the second column below magnesium, and Be is
impractical due to lower availability and higher toxicity of its main
oxide).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_powder

- Don Klipstein )
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

In article NaHLh.4391$742.3426@trndny07, Jack wrote:

Other than just pig-headed stubbornness, is there any reason why you
top-post?

I work in an environment where a very large amount of communication is done
via email between a very large number of people in a Fortune 500 company and
everyone top posts. It just seems right to us. I was not trying to be
difficult. I was only ignorant of your adamancy.

I would like to add that "topping" is fairly common practice in e-mails
in industry.

In Usenet, the culture varies from this somewhat. So I advise that in
Usenet that top-posting only be done above maybe 12-15 lines or less of
quoted material or have adequate indication early-on of having
top-posting, reasonably obvious in first-page-view in all popular
and decade-back-popular newsreaders including dating back to "tin" and
"slrn".

Meanwhile, I do find that most of those who bitch the most about
top-posting tend to be grasping at straws to fight their way upward from
deservedly lower positions in whatever "pecking order" that they want to
ascend within.

--
- Don Klipstein )
(Did I achieve an officially valid signature yet?)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On 2007-03-17, jerry wrote:
Gurus,

I need your help...

I am an amateur triathlete and I'm getting ready for the start of the
triathlon season and I had this problem last year that I'm trying to
solve.

The problem is that during an open-water triathlon swim I need to skip
a stroke every so often to lift my head out of the water and site the
next turn buoy. I usually find myself off course by a few yards and
need to make corrections. This costs me time from being off course
and from skipping a stroke. So, I had this idea to take apart an old
digital camera or picture phone and mount the camera part to the back
of my head and attach the LCD part in front of my goggles.

Sound crazy? I did a Google search and found that someone has
patented the same idea...

Any other ideas? Am I crazy?

how close can you focus your eyes?
will the extra drag caused by this aparatus slow you down.
maybe an optical solution, like an L-shaperd periscope would be
a better solution?

p.s. please respond to my e-mail and the group.

--

Bye.
Jasen
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On 2007-03-17, Robert Baer wrote:

Doesn't bathtub caulk use acetic acid to cure, like the original
silicone RTV?

some do, some don't.

If shopping at a hardware place it's best to go with stuff that's
labeled co-poylmer or neutral cure.

if not:
Dow-Corning, GE, etc. make some stuff specially for electronics.

Bye.
Jasen
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics
YD YD is offline

Late at night, by candle light, Marko Ramius
penned this immortal opus:

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 06:51:28 +1200, "Roger Dewhurst"
wrote:

"jerry" wrote in message
groups.com...
Gurus,

I need your help...

What about a small periscope?

and a small submarine to go with it.

Only if it is yellow.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

just exploring the workings of the system.

"MassiveProng" wrote in message
testing

"MassiveProng" wrote in
message ...
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 01:55:57 GMT, "Jack" Gave
us:

Other than just pig-headed stubbornness, is there any reason why you
top-post?

I work in an environment where a very large amount of communication is
done
via email between a very large number of people in a Fortune 500 company
and
everyone top posts. It just seems right to us. I was not trying to be
difficult. I was only ignorant of your adamancy.

This is NOT email, and you should use something OTHER than Outhouse
Express to read your news with, and post from.

Google "News Client".

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:11:29 GMT, "MassiveProng"
Gave us:

seeing how it works

I am quite sure that VERIZON will be interested in your spoofing
activities.

Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:11:29 GMT

Complaint sent, ****head. They don't **** around with warning
emails either dip****. Your account is in the toilet.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 02:25:51 GMT, Jonathan Kirwan
Gave us:

wrote:

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 02:03:52 GMT, Jonathan Kirwan
Gave us:

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:54:55 -0700, MassiveProng
wrote:

snip
I am fully aware of how they are constructed, and why there IS
airspace in them.
snip

You still abundantly proved you know nothing about their chemistry to
everyone. You still are in serious need of almost any education.

Best of luck with your infantile insults, which are at least at a
level consistent with your science knowledge.

I would bet right now, ****tard, that you do not even know what is
in one. (the old, out of production REAL versions, not the **** out
there today).

I'm glad you imagine you do.

I do. It was the same silver powder used for photography. Very
fast burn, very bright flash. The fireworks folks still use it in
almost everything. It is called flash powder.

It doesn't change the fact that you
abundantly announced to everyone that you know almost nothing about
chemistry and are seriously in need of an education.

There is airspace in every bullet cartridge. Do you deny this fact?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 01:05:53 -0300, YD Gave us:

"jerry" wrote in message

[...]

That is only due to the fact that I follow laws. If that were not
the case, dumb ****tards like you would be plowing fields at a prison
farm, because that is where I would ship your ass, trial or not.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On 19 Mar 2007 21:08:27 -0700, "BILKS" Gave us:

HEY MANG

**** off, gang BOY retard.

Novice needs help with crazy project jerry Electronics 132 March 22nd 07 01:31 AM
Fencing novice jezza UK diy 4 December 14th 06 08:10 AM
NOVICE PROJECT J T Woodworking 0 February 13th 05 01:07 AM
Novice sharpening Jon Endres, PE Woodturning 8 December 12th 04 07:18 PM
Novice Richard Clements Woodworking 11 August 28th 04 10:01 PM