Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default make your posting readable

I have to ask you "were have you started to read this message"
AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE ******

So why the **** do bottom posting ******s want you to spend time scrolling
down a page of crap looking for were the new message starts ? because they
are thick, OK you might ask, why not remove the old message so the new
message appears at the top of the page, well that is one option, I only
include it so anyone who comes in half way down the thread can work out what
is go on, how often does that happen, Not very often,

Get a life, stop wanking, stop bottom posting. Top posting saves time, as
more intelligent people seem to understand.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Frank wrote:

I have to ask you "were have you started to read this message"
AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE ******

Please re-write the above in English ("were have you started...??)

So why the **** do bottom posting ******s want you to spend time scrolling
down a page of crap looking for were the new message starts ?

Because that is the way conversation occurs. I like to read the question
*BEFORE* the answer, not after it.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Frank wrote:

I have to ask you "were have you started to read this message"
AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE ******

Nice troll, but:

"Posting at the top because that's where the cursor happened to
be is like ****ting in your pants because that's where your
asshole happened to be."

Bye bye now!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"kaboom" wrote in message
Frank wrote:

I have to ask you "were have you started to read this message"
AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE ******

Nice troll, but:

"Posting at the top because that's where the cursor happened to
be is like ****ting in your pants because that's where your
asshole happened to be."

Got a good laugh from that!

However, I am flexible enough to deal with top posts, interspersed posts (my
favorite), or bottom posts. I guess these kinds of controversies distract
us from the serious problems that we all face.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The point is that in a threaded news reader, you have ALREADY read
the question. Why do you need to read it again (and again)?

For an example, look at the thread called "Power Amp Repair"
from 2/3/2007. As you read succeeding messages, all you see
after a while is repeated text -- the same thing repeated over
and over, redundantly, again and again and again -- unless you
go to the trouble of scrolling down to try to pick out whatever
line of new advice has been added to the preceeding 300 lines of
repeated text.

In other words, bottom-posting without significant editing and
trimming just makes it much harder to follow the thread in the
first place. Unless you're completely obsessive about how
you read things, or have such a short attention span that you
immediately forget what you just read, bottom-posting makes no
sense at all.

Since it takes a lot of extra time to switch from frame to frame
and scroll down, I usually ignore messages that don't show something
new in the first frame.

UCLAN wrote:
Frank wrote:

I have to ask you "were have you started to read this message"
AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE ******

Please re-write the above in English ("were have you started...??)

So why the **** do bottom posting ******s want you to spend time
scrolling
down a page of crap looking for were the new message starts ?

Because that is the way conversation occurs. I like to read the question
*BEFORE* the answer, not after it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 07:45:45 +1300 "Frank" wrote in Message
id: :

------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C74830.7AA34920

I have to ask you "were have you started to read this message"
AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE ******

So why the **** do bottom posting ******s want you to spend time =
scrolling
down a page of crap looking for were the new message starts ? because =
they
are thick, OK you might ask, why not remove the old message so the new
message appears at the top of the page, well that is one option, I only
include it so anyone who comes in half way down the thread can work out =
what
is go on, how often does that happen, Not very often,

Get a life, stop wanking, stop bottom posting. Top posting saves time, =
as
more intelligent people seem to understand.
------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C74830.7AA34920

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"
META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR
STYLE/STYLE
/HEAD
BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff
DIVFONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"
DIVI have to ask you "were have you started to read this =
message"BRFONT=20
color=3D#ff0000AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE ******/FONTBRBRSo why the =
**** do=20
bottom posting ******s want you to spend time scrollingBRdown a page =
of crap=20
looking for were the new message starts ? because theyBRare thick, OK =
you=20
might ask, why not remove the old message so the newBRmessage appears =
at the=20
top of the page, well that is one option, I onlyBRinclude it so anyone =
who=20
comes in half way down the thread can work out whatBRis go on, how =
often does=20
that happen, Not very often,BRBRGet a life, stop wanking, stop =
bottom=20
posting. Top posting saves time, asBRmore intelligent people seem to=20
understand./DIV/FONT/DIV/BODY/HTML

------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C74830.7AA34920--

I have to say that the irony of this is quite amusing. You might try
turning off HTML before making a fool of yourself again.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mike Berger wrote:

But doesn't YOUR posting prove his point? Look how much effort it
is to read your bottom-posted addition to all this unnecessary
repeated "context".

*His* posting makes NO sense unless one FIRST tries to read all of
the HTML garbage that he quoted. The quoting was FAR from "unnecessary."
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 09:57:11 -0600 Mike Berger wrote in
Message id: :

But doesn't YOUR posting prove his point? Look how much effort it
is to read your bottom-posted addition to all this unnecessary
repeated "context".

Actually, I was making a point that had nothing to do with his incoherent
HTML babblings. Bottom posting combined with selective editing and in-line
quoting is the proper way to respond to a (normal) post, and always had
been until Microsoft's Outhouse Express came along. And with it, all the
clueless morons who had been kept away until that point. People read from
top to bottom, not bottom to top.

JW wrote:
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Exactly. So you want to put the NEW material at the top.
You've already read everything else.

When you put a book down, and then pick it up again, do you
start at the very beginning of the book, or resume with the
material you haven't read yet?

JW wrote:
People read from
top to bottom, not bottom to top.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

One other consideration. I used to do most of my newsgroup reading on
my PDA (Diamond Mako). Because of the limited amount of memory in the
PDA, the newsreader only downloaded about 30-40 lines of text per
posting. Normally not a problem, but when the replies included a lot
of text from previous posts, I was never able to read what the bottom-
posters added to the discussion. It became quite frustrating at
times.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mike Berger wrote:
Exactly. So you want to put the NEW material at the top.
You've already read everything else.

Bull****. If you really think that the quote is unnecessary, why do
you include it at the bottom? Why don't you remove it? I AGREE that
most quoted text is unnecessary, then it must be REMOVED, not included
in wrong place.

Do you know what is the purpose of quote?
It's that there is usually many many such questions/claims in the
thread, that could have similar answers/replies. Thus, the purpose of
quote is to POINT that which of the questions/claims is the reply
directed for.

If you read your own message (if you hadn't written it), you would
see, that it was IMPOSSIBLE to know that to which claim you are
refferring when you said "exactly". So that meant that triple
scrolling was necessary, for seeing it and then your reply.

Without seeing your quote, it can be considered that your reply
"exactly" referred to "Nice troll" in another message.

If quote was unnecessary, it wouldn't have invented, or at least not
be still in use.

--
Top-posting not supported.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Paul wrote:

One other consideration. I used to do most of my newsgroup reading on
my PDA (Diamond Mako). Because of the limited amount of memory in the
PDA, the newsreader only downloaded about 30-40 lines of text per
posting. Normally not a problem, but when the replies included a lot
of text from previous posts, I was never able to read what the bottom-
posters added to the discussion. It became quite frustrating at
times.

So, you want everyone on Usenet to do things your way so you can use
a cheap piece of crap?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael A. Terrell kirjoitti:
So, you want everyone on Usenet to do things your way so you can use
a cheap piece of crap?

And moreover, top-posting doesn't help even in that case. When only
necessary part of quote is included, bottom-posting shouldn't cause
problem even with that cheap piece of crap And necessary is
necessary. I think that triple scrolling (to see the necessary quote
first and then the reply) 'd be far more difficult with such PDA.

--
Top-posting not supported.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Simoc wrote:

Michael A. Terrell kirjoitti:
So, you want everyone on Usenet to do things your way so you can use
a cheap piece of crap?

And moreover, top-posting doesn't help even in that case. When only
necessary part of quote is included, bottom-posting shouldn't cause
problem even with that cheap piece of crap And necessary is
necessary. I think that triple scrolling (to see the necessary quote
first and then the reply) 'd be far more difficult with such PDA.

--
Top-posting not supported.

Some people go WAY out of their way to do things wrong. A few years
ago, it was using video games to access the net, then bitching that
everyone should make sure their content could be accessed by their
cobbled together junk.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posting Ichabod Home Repair 13 April 21st 06 12:20 AM
Who is posting on uk.d-i-y? Chris Bacon UK diy 34 January 15th 06 05:43 PM
First I want to apologize. Anyone can make mistakes, just ask George Bush. So from this point forward I will no longer be posting the US Casualties count. 1369.44.49.110 Woodworking 16 December 17th 05 10:33 PM
Laptop display - all red but readable Bob Electronics Repair 16 May 6th 05 06:37 PM
AD: Make Crafts at Home and Make extra money on the side! Tim Metalworking 0 September 5th 04 11:50 PM