Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony KV25X5U audio out?

My 80 year old mother can't hear the TV without it blasting out the
neighbours. I have some wireless headphones which I can give her but the
headphone jack on the front of the set cuts out the speakers when
headphones are plugged in.

The adjacent phono plugs appear to be for game input (as I can get no
audio out from them), but I'm not sure about the mini-din plug between
the two. Anyone please know if this can give audio out?

Alas, she can't find the manual and the Sony websites don't list that
model now in their user manual database.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
The-G-Man wrote:
My 80 year old mother can't hear the TV without it blasting out the
neighbours. I have some wireless headphones which I can give her but the
headphone jack on the front of the set cuts out the speakers when
headphones are plugged in.

The adjacent phono plugs appear to be for game input (as I can get no
audio out from them), but I'm not sure about the mini-din plug between
the two. Anyone please know if this can give audio out?

I'd *guess* it's an S-Video input.

Alas, she can't find the manual and the Sony websites don't list that
model now in their user manual database.

Dunno the model. European versions have SCART sockets which have
audio/composite video in and out as well as RGB or S-Video inputs. But
usually phono outputs to a Hi-Fi system too.

Your address suggests the UK. Has it a SCART socket?

--
*Time is fun when you're having flies... Kermit

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The-G-Man wrote:
My 80 year old mother can't hear the TV without it blasting out the
neighbours. I have some wireless headphones which I can give her but the
headphone jack on the front of the set cuts out the speakers when
headphones are plugged in.

The adjacent phono plugs appear to be for game input (as I can get no
audio out from them), but I'm not sure about the mini-din plug between
the two. Anyone please know if this can give audio out?

Alas, she can't find the manual and the Sony websites don't list that
model now in their user manual database.

Sounds like S-Video in.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"The-G-Man" wrote in message

The adjacent phono plugs appear to be for game input (as I can get no
audio out from them), but I'm not sure about the mini-din plug between the
two. Anyone please know if this can give audio out?

The mini-din PLUS the two stereo inputs comprise a SVHS input.

Perhaps a pair of stereo speakers plus the headphones combined would work?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The-G-Man wrote:
My 80 year old mother can't hear the TV without it blasting out the
neighbours. I have some wireless headphones which I can give her but the
headphone jack on the front of the set cuts out the speakers when
headphones are plugged in.

The adjacent phono plugs appear to be for game input (as I can get no
audio out from them), but I'm not sure about the mini-din plug between
the two. Anyone please know if this can give audio out?

I'd *guess* it's an S-Video input.

Alas, she can't find the manual and the Sony websites don't list that
model now in their user manual database.

Dunno the model. European versions have SCART sockets which have
audio/composite video in and out as well as RGB or S-Video inputs. But
usually phono outputs to a Hi-Fi system too.

Your address suggests the UK. Has it a SCART socket?

Yes there is a scart socket which goes to her DVD player.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
The-G-Man wrote:
Your address suggests the UK. Has it a SCART socket?

Yes there is a scart socket which goes to her DVD player.

The DVD player only needs the input side of the SCART, so it's possible to
use the outputs to feed the headphone transmitter. I'm not sure you'll get
the right lead easily, though. Could be a soldering iron job on the SCART
lead.

The connections you need a-

Pin 1 audio out right
""" 3 """"""""" left
""" 4 """"" ground

--
*Real women don't have hot flashes, they have power surges.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The-G-Man wrote:
Your address suggests the UK. Has it a SCART socket?

Yes there is a scart socket which goes to her DVD player.

The DVD player only needs the input side of the SCART, so it's possible to
use the outputs to feed the headphone transmitter. I'm not sure you'll get
the right lead easily, though. Could be a soldering iron job on the SCART
lead.

The connections you need a-

Pin 1 audio out right
""" 3 """"""""" left
""" 4 """"" ground

Many thanks Dave. I'll get out my faithful Antex

best, G

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

The-G-Man ha escrito:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The-G-Man wrote:
Your address suggests the UK. Has it a SCART socket?

Yes there is a scart socket which goes to her DVD player.

The DVD player only needs the input side of the SCART, so it's possible to
use the outputs to feed the headphone transmitter. I'm not sure you'll get
the right lead easily, though. Could be a soldering iron job on the SCART
lead.

The connections you need a-

Pin 1 audio out right
""" 4 """"" ground

Many thanks Dave. I'll get out my faithful Antex

best, G

don't forget, the audio out on the scart is line output so will not
pass thru the Tv volume control. Let's hope the headphones have their
own vol. pot. You'll have to explain this to your ma as she may be a
bit confused later on, if the remote control suddenly has no effect!
-B.