Old July 24th 03, 06:21 AM
Charlie East

Default Sony KV27TS29 (Audio)

Set has very weak audio, Picture is fine. Using off air signal. Ch 3 has a
little audio, seems to get louder when the station is playing music, Ch 12
has no audio. speakers are on. Disconnecting the ant input gives a loud
hissing(normal no signal sound) So I am assuming the audio output is working
ok.Looks like the audio det. is in the tuner. Scope the R & L out at the
tuner pins 22 & 23 .can see a little audio from ch 3, none from ch 12.
Voltages all appear to be pretty close..
Looked at the service menu, All the settings are pretty close to what the
SAMS indicate they should be.
I am thinking bad tuner, but not sure and dont have one to try.
Any help would be appreciated.
Charlie

Old July 24th 03, 02:26 PM
chuck

The sbx1637 mm20l assy is probably faulty . It is available from MCM
and many other suppliers. Chuck

Old July 24th 03, 03:50 PM
john

I dont believe that Model uses SBX1637..
kip

Old July 24th 03, 04:58 PM
Gerald Spindler

Hissing sound:
Replace MM201 Multiplex Decoder type SBX1637A-01

gerald

.. .

Old July 24th 03, 08:29 PM
Sidney

Here is an article that I contributed to NESDA:

Sony SBX1637-01/11 sound module article:

http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/May18.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/SonyAudMod.html
http://www.globalsemi.com/sbx1637-11.html

HR Diemen flyback article:

http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct028.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct029.html

Old July 24th 03, 10:06 PM
Sidney

Replace the SBX1637-01/11 US MPLX decoder HIC sound module:

Sony SBX1637-01/11 sound module article:

http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/May18.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/SonyAudMod.html
http://www.globalsemi.com/sbx1637-11.html

Here is another article that I contributed to NESDA:

Old July 25th 03, 03:59 AM
Charlie East

This one does not have the sbx-1637
I just tried the set with external video and audio and it works ok that
way.( uses all the same circuit except the tuner) Expensive, 143.00 from
MCM. anyone have an old one laying around? p/n 8-598-254-00 btf-wa402.
Charlie

om...

Old July 25th 03, 07:34 AM
Bill Jr

www.tritronicsinc.com has them (in stock) for quite a bit less than that.

Good Luck,
Bill Jr

"Charlie East" wrote in message
This one does not have the sbx-1637
I just tried the set with external video and audio and it works ok that
way.( uses all the same circuit except the tuner) Expensive, 143.00 from
MCM. anyone have an old one laying around? p/n 8-598-254-00 btf-wa402.
Charlie

om...