Trueman

Default Audio problem with Sharp cd player.

I have a Sharp 3 in 1 unit model no: CD-JX3X(GY). It originally had an
intermittent audio fault which I traced back to dry joints on two IC's
(IC 441 and IC 421) which are connected to a large heat sink. After
re-soldering the dry joints I then noticed that only the left audio
channel worked. Further investigations revealed that IC 441 was blown
so I ordered a new one and replaced it.
However this has not fixed the problem and I still only have audio
from the left hand side. Does anyone here have any suggestions as to
what I can do to fix the problem. I would have assumed that the blown
IC and the lack of RH audio would have too of been more than
coincidence, but replacing the IC did not fix the problem. The only
other thing is that the new IC is also faulty but I wont know without
trying another one I suppose.

Thanks in advance,

Troy.
Nigel

What about the speaker and/or headphones that the RH audio output connects
to ?

Have you checked that the audio output IC is getting supplies and audio
input ?

If there's a headphone jack socket, have you checked to see if it's faulty ?

Do you have missing audio on all inputs ?

Are there audio out (phono) sockets on the unit ? If so, are both channels
present ?

etc,etc.

om...