Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Phillips TV power problem

Hi, not sure if you can help me. I have a phillips widescreen tv, the
model number is 32PW9618/05. I sent it to a repair shop last year. They
said it couldn't be fixed and arranged to deliver it back to me. This
was over a year ago. When I recently called them to say I wanted my TV
back repaired or not, they said it was mended. They originally said
every time they repaired it the same thing happend. Anyway the problem
is this. I plug it in, and the red light comes on, I press a channel
key and it starts up, then before the picture comes up, it switches off
and the blue standby light flashes. How do I get it repaired or can I
do it myself, I have a fair bit of electronic knowledge as I used to
work for a company making testing equipment.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
Hi, not sure if you can help me. I have a phillips widescreen tv, the
model number is 32PW9618/05. I sent it to a repair shop last year. They
said it couldn't be fixed and arranged to deliver it back to me. This
was over a year ago. When I recently called them to say I wanted my TV
back repaired or not, they said it was mended. They originally said
every time they repaired it the same thing happend. Anyway the problem
is this. I plug it in, and the red light comes on, I press a channel
key and it starts up, then before the picture comes up, it switches off
and the blue standby light flashes. How do I get it repaired or can I
do it myself, I have a fair bit of electronic knowledge as I used to
work for a company making testing equipment.

Not sure I got it. They said the 'mended' it? Did they 'unmend' it and
give it back to you?
I tried to find that model in the Phillips Force program but it didn't
come up. Can you look at the back tag and give a 'chassis model number'
? There are certain versions that have horizontal drive problems that
can be resolved with upgraded parts. Also, if it uses an LG/Phillips
crt, they're known for having G2 or second grid shorts that will cause
that same symptom. Either way, they're 'mendable' and these guys
shouldn't have had for a year. Post the chassis number and I'll see if
I have anything on it.

www.techdata-kicksass.net

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi the only number is the 32PW9618 number. I will have a look tonight
if there are any other numbers. I looked it up on the phillips site and
it showed this page http://tinyurl.com/ktqcg Can't find any more info.

HTH

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
Hi the only number is the 32PW9618 number. I will have a look tonight
if there are any other numbers. I looked it up on the phillips site and
it showed this page
http://tinyurl.com/ktqcg Can't find any more info.

HTH

Well, that explains why I couldn't find any info on it, it's European.
Sorry. But, being a 100hz hi definition, it's still a crt display and
that G2 problem is still a possibilty. Past that, I'm not going to be
able to get any information for you. Sorry.

www.techdata=kicksass.net