Tyrone Park

Default Viewsonic LCD Monitor - Power problem

Model# VG191B

The problem with this monitor is that sometimes if you press the power
button, the unit will come on. If its on and then press power to turn
it off, it will shut off but may not turn on if you hit the power
button again. You may have to press power for a few to many times to
get the unit to come on. The power LED flashes for a split second
while you press the power button but the LED comes on when the rest of
the unit comes on. I have no service manual for this unit. So, if
anyone can help me with the problem or send the service manual to me
it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Tyrone
Jerry G.

The fault can be in the power supply or uPC section. This is a bit
sophisticated a problem to have a simple answer over an email. You
would have to track this down, starting from the power button to the
microcontroler, and then verify the clocking and data commands for it.

The very first thing to verify is the power supply performance. This is
most important that all the outputs are in spec and the noise
characteristics (filtering) is in proper specs.

You will need to buy the service manual, and have a scope and DVM to
fix this type of thing.

In my opinion, if the CRT is in good condition, I would suggest you
give the set out to an authorized Sony service center to have it
properly serviced. This would be more fasible than to fix it yourself.
Jerry G.
======