Default Hitachi TV power problem

Have a Hitachi 50" model #50EX10B, chassis AP32. I don't have the
schematic, but the set intermittently won't power up. Push power
button, and hear the relay energize, red light on panel comes on, then
light goes out. Set won't power up. Measured correct B+ up to switching
IC? 5 pin connected to power transformer. Resoldered many points hoping
for best, but as said, problem is intermittent. Cold or hot set makes
no difference, since problem persist regardless. Anyone have experience
with this type problem with this particular set? Trying to avoid buying
a schematic. Thanks to all.

High ESR capacitors in power supply. Pretty common problem. Easy to
fix without schematic, but you need a good esr meter.

Techforce

The Flyback Xfmr is a pretty common culprit for this problem. Part No.
2436394 or 2436493A. Both are NLA from Hitachi, but there is new old stock
available for purchase at Technotronic Dimensions.

oups.com...