Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default "mains " timer conversion...

Hi all, I want to convert a mains type digital daily/weekly timer to
12v (nom.) operation.I know that the cct. inside (relay) etc operates
at 28v, and normally could float at mains potential in normal use, this
conversion is required for use in a boat so no mains likely to be
present! if i change the relay to a 12v one, with proper protection
(fusing etc) where abouts in the cct could I disconnect the "mains
dropper" part and connect the battery 12v?is there a site containing
ccts that use mains dropping cap/res type ccts...with thanks,