Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default "mains " timer conversion...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all, I want to convert a mains type digital daily/weekly timer to
12v (nom.) operation.I know that the cct. inside (relay) etc operates
at 28v, and normally could float at mains potential in normal use, this
conversion is required for use in a boat so no mains likely to be
present! if i change the relay to a 12v one, with proper protection
(fusing etc) where abouts in the cct could I disconnect the "mains
dropper" part and connect the battery 12v?is there a site containing
ccts that use mains dropping cap/res type ccts...with thanks,

Does it either have a geared down motor to drive the on/off time select keys
on a dial or a LCD display?
Either of which may use an aspect of the AC supply

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England