elyob

Default Dimplex electric timer ...

Following on from my post r.e. my dimplex timer (Replacing a Dimplex heating
timer ...26/10/2005 14:33)
My landlord's electrician came round yesterday. Basically he says Dimplex
haven't superseded this timer
(http://fishpluschips.com/flat/Image(1425).jpg).

So, he thought some silicon spray might help. Nope. He next suggested
putting a spare duvet over it to baffle the noise. I'm not that keen on
being caught in my flat when a spark lights my spare duvet nex to my front
door.

Anyway, here's the system ....

Basically it's split into two zones. The bedroom is one zone running one
heater, the other zone is the hallway and lounge running three heaters. The
circuit breaker is running a 30amp fuse. The heaters are
http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/pages...904068&cid=880
(PLX200N) which are rated as 2kW with thermostats.

So, as far as I can tell, they run seperately from the timer. i.e. this
noisy contraption is purely just a timer and when it powers them, them run
inpendently with the thermostats controlling them. The electrician was
talking about "load" when the system starts up. Something about switching
three heaters on at once.

Now this is where I need help. What do the heaters draw, what can I replace
this timer with (preferably electronic) and what else do I have to think
about before I call up the electrician with a solution?

Thanks

Nick

James Salisbury

" Basically it's split into two zones. The bedroom is one zone running one
heater, the other zone is the hallway and lounge running three heaters.
The circuit breaker is running a 30amp fuse. The heaters are
http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/pages...904068&cid=880
(PLX200N) which are rated as 2kW with thermostats.

So, as far as I can tell, they run seperately from the timer. i.e. this
noisy contraption is purely just a timer and when it powers them, them run
inpendently with the thermostats controlling them. The electrician was
talking about "load" when the system starts up. Something about switching
three heaters on at once.

Now this is where I need help. What do the heaters draw, what can I
replace this timer with (preferably electronic) and what else do I have to
think about before I call up the electrician with a solution?

There are number of issues, are they convectors or storage heaters? If you
want a totaly slient control then you will need a device with solid state
relays, have a chat with these people.
http://www.crydom.com/contactUs/contactUs.aspx You will need parts such as
the CKRA4830E a suitable box, fuse protection and a timer. Please take
furthe advice from Crydom, it won't be cheap.