Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default where is the vertical section

Hi
I gather the section where the mains comes in and several large electros,
rectifer and reg IC is the switch mode supply, the area with the trippler is
the horizontal ?
does that make the area with smaller electos some kind of large heatsunk IC
the vertical, if I'm looking for horizontal bars across screen, probably a
electro in the virtical - yeh, what does history have it, small ones
or big ones, I'm trying to teach my little bloke there is more to just
sitting in front of these things
Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Fred wrote:
Hi
I gather the section where the mains comes in and several large
electros, rectifer and reg IC is the switch mode supply, the area
with the trippler is the horizontal ?
does that make the area with smaller electos some kind of large
heatsunk IC the vertical, if I'm looking for horizontal bars across
screen, probably a electro in the virtical - yeh, what does
history have it, small ones or big ones, I'm trying to teach my
little bloke there is more to just sitting in front of these things
Cheers

Geez, thats thats good code. What do ya mean ??

--

Cheers ......... Rheilly P

Where theres a will, I want to be in it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Fred" wrote in message
Hi
I gather the section where the mains comes in and several large electros,
rectifer and reg IC is the switch mode supply, the area with the trippler
is
the horizontal ?
does that make the area with smaller electos some kind of large heatsunk
IC
the vertical, if I'm looking for horizontal bars across screen, probably a
electro in the virtical - yeh, what does history have it, small
ones
or big ones, I'm trying to teach my little bloke there is more to just
sitting in front of these things
Cheers

The first lesson should be not to poke around inside
high-voltage/high-current devices when you don't know what you're doing.
This lesson will be taught well enough when YOU go horizontal, perhaps
permanently, after you touch the wrong area. Get some books on the
subject -- there are thousands out there with plenty of pics -- and
learn/teach the safe way. If you simply must put your hands inside a TV, at
the very least plug it into an isolation transformer first.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks for your concern Ray, but the 10ma RCD power point would protect
wayward hands, I'm just looking for a mud map to make a replacement (without
power on)
of some well advised locationed electros before bining
what could be a easy save, you know friend to enviroment and all that stuff,
and just in case your still worried, I;m a electronics and communication
engineer by trade !!

"Ray L. Volts" wrote in message

"Fred" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks for your concern Ray, but the 10ma RCD power point would protect
wayward hands,

Not if you connect yourself to the back side of the mains bridge rectifier
in a switch mode power supply ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Fred" wrote in message
Hi
I gather the section where the mains comes in and several large electros,
rectifer and reg IC is the switch mode supply, the area with the trippler
is
the horizontal ?
does that make the area with smaller electos some kind of large heatsunk
IC
the vertical, if I'm looking for horizontal bars across screen, probably a
electro in the virtical - yeh, what does history have it, small
ones
or big ones, I'm trying to teach my little bloke there is more to just
sitting in front of these things
Cheers

Follow the yoke wire the the pcb, not far from that you will see a single
inline IC bolted to a heatsink. That is the vertical output amp. Mostly
the higher voltage caps near that area will fail and may or may not leak.
Heat will just dry them out. If a visual inspection shows no burned board
traces or blown vert IC, then for what the caps cost - why not just change
them all near the vert and see what you have from there.