BOB URZ

Default RCA e13320se VERTICAL

I got in a RCA 13" 1993 E13320se with a vertical jitter.
This has a separate tuner in a can and not on the PC board.
I looked for a chassis number, but there was none inside.

All the caps around the vertical chip seem to ESR ok.
Adjusting the vertical size would not change the stability.

1) What chassis is this?
2) any tips for vertical instability on this model

It has full raster, color and sound. It just has this vertical
instability.
Seems to be a little better as it warms up. All solder joints were gone
though if needed. It did not help.

Bob

BOB URZ

BOB URZ wrote:

I got in a RCA 13" 1993 E13320se with a vertical jitter.
This has a separate tuner in a can and not on the PC board.
I looked for a chassis number, but there was none inside.

All the caps around the vertical chip seem to ESR ok.
Adjusting the vertical size would not change the stability.

1) What chassis is this?
2) any tips for vertical instability on this model

It has full raster, color and sound. It just has this vertical
instability.
Seems to be a little better as it warms up. All solder joints were gone
though if needed. It did not help.

Bob

Its a TX825 series. I have run across no start up with these.
When its warmed up, the vertical seems to be fine.
So far, a little cool spray did not cause it to go unstable
after it was warm.

Bob

Sofie

Bob Urz:
Most definitely electrolytic capacitor problems...... just for fun, replace
all of the half dozen electrolytics in and around the vertical output
circuitry.... CF01, CF02, CF05, CF08, CF09, CF13
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"BOB URZ" wrote in message

BOB URZ wrote:

I got in a RCA 13" 1993 E13320se with a vertical jitter.
This has a separate tuner in a can and not on the PC board.
I looked for a chassis number, but there was none inside.

All the caps around the vertical chip seem to ESR ok.
Adjusting the vertical size would not change the stability.

1) What chassis is this?
2) any tips for vertical instability on this model

It has full raster, color and sound. It just has this vertical
instability.
Seems to be a little better as it warms up. All solder joints were gone
though if needed. It did not help.

Bob

Its a TX825 series. I have run across no start up with these.
When its warmed up, the vertical seems to be fine.
So far, a little cool spray did not cause it to go unstable
after it was warm.

Bob

Bob Urz

Sofie wrote:

Bob Urz:
Most definitely electrolytic capacitor problems...... just for fun, replace
all of the half dozen electrolytics in and around the vertical output
circuitry.... CF01, CF02, CF05, CF08, CF09, CF13

Well, i should define the problem better. Vertical linearity and size
are fine. When the set is cold, the picture is rolling. eventually after
warm up, it locked in and the picture was ok. I would tend to think
this is more of a jungle IC problem than an output problem. But i don't
have (or cannot find mine) a print on it to verify function. I agree, it
still could be a cap, but which one?

Bob

sofie

"Bob Urz" wrote in message

Well, i should define the problem better. Vertical linearity and size
are fine. When the set is cold, the picture is rolling. eventually after
warm up, it locked in and the picture was ok. I would tend to think
this is more of a jungle IC problem than an output problem. But i don't
have (or cannot find mine) a print on it to verify function. I agree, it
still could be a cap, but which one?

Bob

Bob Urz:
There are ONLY a half dozen electrolytics that I mentioned in my previous
suggestion..... just replace them and be done with it.....
.........just for fun, replace