Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ray L. Volts Ray L. Volts is offline

Default where is the vertical section

"Fred" wrote in message
Hi
I gather the section where the mains comes in and several large electros,
rectifer and reg IC is the switch mode supply, the area with the trippler
is
the horizontal ?
does that make the area with smaller electos some kind of large heatsunk
IC
the vertical, if I'm looking for horizontal bars across screen, probably a
electro in the virtical - yeh, what does history have it, small
ones
or big ones, I'm trying to teach my little bloke there is more to just
sitting in front of these things
Cheers

The first lesson should be not to poke around inside
high-voltage/high-current devices when you don't know what you're doing.
This lesson will be taught well enough when YOU go horizontal, perhaps
permanently, after you touch the wrong area. Get some books on the
subject -- there are thousands out there with plenty of pics -- and
learn/teach the safe way. If you simply must put your hands inside a TV, at
the very least plug it into an isolation transformer first.