Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 32" Citizen tv model:JCTV3245X,chassis:M3N520 (Orion) no 5v

32" Citizen stereo tv model:JCTV3245X,chassis:M3N520,UL Listed:289X
(Orion),year:Oct 2003.I noticed that two of the ground traces from the
rear RCA input jacks were scortched (burnt) so I assume that the micro
was hit a a surge and is loading down the 5v standby.

No power (no 5v standby), I assume that IC101=Micro Orion # OEC7091B=80
pin (surface mounted IC) has it's VCC pin 78 loading down the 5v as
when I unsolder the jumper trace coming from D511=5.1v zener diode the
5v comes back.

I also noticed that OS101=IR receiver's pin 1 & 3 are not 5v but
instead 2.7v I traced one of the pins going back to IC199=EEPROM's pin
8.I don't have the service manual and cannot download it as I am on
slow dial up but there is a similar model he

http://www.schematicsforfree.com/arc...20JCTV3242.PDF

And for more free service manual downloads:

http://www.schematicsforfree.mattsoft.net
http://schematicsforfree.mattsoft.net
http://schforfree.seedhost.com

then click on "click here to see the files" followed by "video".

I noticed that most of the new cheap tv's sold are basically this Orion
chassis be 27" or 32" as this tv has the same vertical ouput IC of
LA78041:

Other part #'s for LA78041:

Daewoo # 1LA78041
ECG Philips/ NTE # NTE7182
Funai # LA78041
ILO (Wal*Mart) # DG4565RT
JVC # LA78041
Orion # 103TD80410
Philips # 4835 209 47605
Sanyo (Aiwa) # 409 453 5905
Sony # 9-885-060-76
Toshiba # AD300414
Toshiba # 72794507
Toshiba old # BZ611118
Zenith # 905-10653

Therefore you techs probably worked on this Orion chassis rebranded or
badged as Electrohome,Toshiba,Philips and others.

Anyone have any common repair tips? or can verify that IC101 is the
culprit and what other part #'s are used for this micro?.I need as many
other OEM part #'s for it.

Thanks in advance.

Sidney
E-mail:sidneybek(at)yahoo.com
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Neilish

wrote in message
oups.com...
32" Citizen stereo tv model:JCTV3245X,chassis:M3N520,UL Listed:289X
(Orion),year:Oct 2003.I noticed that two of the ground traces from the
rear RCA input jacks were scortched (burnt) so I assume that the micro
was hit a a surge and is loading down the 5v standby.

No power (no 5v standby), I assume that IC101=Micro Orion # OEC7091B=80
pin (surface mounted IC) has it's VCC pin 78 loading down the 5v as
when I unsolder the jumper trace coming from D511=5.1v zener diode the
5v comes back.

is the zener shorted ? pulling down the 5 volt line?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tech Data

Sidney, these Orion designs have the highest failure micro I've ever
seen, whether it's Orion, Toshiba or whatever. You can spend hours
hoping that it's not, but it almost always is. I've gone thru at least
a dozen this year alone and have two here waiting for approval. I
despise the prospect of removing and installng an 80 pin SMD device
but, price it accordingly. It still pays the bills.

www.techdata-kicksass.net

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks Terry H,I appreciate it.

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

Tech Data wrote:
Sidney, these Orion designs have the highest failure micro I've ever
seen, whether it's Orion, Toshiba or whatever. You can spend hours
hoping that it's not, but it almost always is. I've gone thru at least
a dozen this year alone and have two here waiting for approval. I
despise the prospect of removing and installng an 80 pin SMD device
but, price it accordingly. It still pays the bills.

www.techdata-kicksass.net

All Toshiba CRT tube televisions are now made by Orion... [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 August 23rd 05 11:12 PM
OT - Blue & Red jim rozen Metalworking 238 August 4th 05 05:45 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Orion VCR mech jam on unload mike appenzeller Electronics Repair 1 August 31st 04 01:56 PM
Transistor for Orion car amplifier Dan Electronics Repair 5 October 30th 03 05:45 AM