Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need a new case (body) for my Casio (module 555) watch.

Hi All,
I own a Casio model 555 (DBA 80) watch (the one with a phone dialer)
bought more than 10 years ago. It is still working, but it's case (or
body or dial, whatever you may wish to call it) is now very badly
scratched and I wish to replace it.

Can anyone tell me whether the case for this model would be available ?
I am from India and Casio India has told me that support for this model
is no longer available. If the case were indeed available, I'd like to
know where and for how much.

Thanks in advance,
Amit.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

jakdedert wrote:
wrote:
Hi All,
I own a Casio model 555 (DBA 80) watch (the one with a phone dialer)
bought more than 10 years ago. It is still working, but it's case (or
body or dial, whatever you may wish to call it) is now very badly
scratched and I wish to replace it.

Can anyone tell me whether the case for this model would be available ?
I am from India and Casio India has told me that support for this model
is no longer available. If the case were indeed available, I'd like to
know where and for how much.

Here in the States I'd look for a similar model at a thrift
(second-hand) store. The internals are usually a standard size; but one
would have to find a model with identical button layout.

Perhaps you can polish up your old one with a soft cloth and some
toothpaste...replace the band.

jak

Hi Jak,
Actually, the watch glass is now so full of scratches that no amount of
polish is helping. I love my watch and want to wear it all the time,
but it looks like a piece of scrap on my wrist. Also, the hinge holes
on the body on either side of the dial (in which the strap pins fit)
are partly broken and have been repaired twice (albeit compromising on
the strength which will be offered to the strap). I've also replaced
the strap several times.

I think I'll try Chance's suggestion and try to look for one on eBay.

Thanks anyways for your help.

Best regards,
Amit.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert

wrote:
jakdedert wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I know what you mean. There are a few on this group--including me--who
swear by their old Casios. I found mine in the street (literally lying
in the street) over 15 years ago, and have worn it nearly every day
since. I don't know how many bands and batteries I've gone through.

All I can say is keep an eye out in your equivalent of thrift stores for
a replacement. These last so long that it's possible someone gave
theirs away simply because the battery went dead...or the just got tired
of it.

Good luck. (You can't have mine.)

jak

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

All I can say is keep an eye out in your equivalent of thrift stores for
a replacement. These last so long that it's possible someone gave
theirs away simply because the battery went dead...or the just got tired
of it.

Good luck. (You can't have mine.)

jak

Thanks again Jak.

Amit.

OT any watch recommendations? Trevor Jones Metalworking 1 February 15th 06 11:05 PM
replacing casio watch battery Jan Gregor Electronics Repair 8 September 29th 05 04:51 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Unusual trade: Woodwork for a vintage watch? Andy Woodworking 0 April 25th 04 09:52 PM
INSPIRATION - WATCH DISPLAY CASE T. Woodworking 0 October 21st 03 05:52 PM