Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert

Default Need a new case (body) for my Casio (module 555) watch.

wrote:
Hi All,
I own a Casio model 555 (DBA 80) watch (the one with a phone dialer)
bought more than 10 years ago. It is still working, but it's case (or
body or dial, whatever you may wish to call it) is now very badly
scratched and I wish to replace it.

Can anyone tell me whether the case for this model would be available ?
I am from India and Casio India has told me that support for this model
is no longer available. If the case were indeed available, I'd like to
know where and for how much.

Here in the States I'd look for a similar model at a thrift
(second-hand) store. The internals are usually a standard size; but one
would have to find a model with identical button layout.

Perhaps you can polish up your old one with a soft cloth and some
toothpaste...replace the band.

jak

Thanks in advance,
Amit.