Posted to sci.electronics.repair
3T39

Default TV Horizontal Roll

Hello, Nick!
You wrote on Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:46:56 -0800:

N Panasonic 29ad2

N The picture is rolling horizontally until it warms up. It was
N suggested it
N could be a capacitor on the tuning circuit. It also rolls form a
N video tape.

N if this is true how do I recognise the tuning circuit?
N is it in one of the shielded tin boxes?
N I have sprayed all the caps I can see with freeze spray to no avail.
N I would be grateful for any suggestions?
N Nick

HORIZONTALLY?? are you sure you don't mean Vertically? Vertical roll would
be much more common, also if the roll is present with a signal from the VCR
then the tuner is innocent and the fault lies in vert oscillater. if the
roll is horizontal then signal line sync is being lost. It's still not the
tuner however which incidently will be in it's own little can. If sync
circuits are suspect there would be line tearing and not smooth rolling.

With best regards, 3T39. E-mail:

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Just Another Theremin Fan

if this is true how do I recognise the tuning circuit?

It has a little label on it marked "tuning circuit".

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Nick

Panasonic 29ad2

The picture is rolling horizontally until it warms up. It was suggested it
could be a capacitor on the tuning circuit. It also rolls form a video tape.

if this is true how do I recognise the tuning circuit?
is it in one of the shielded tin boxes?
I have sprayed all the caps I can see with freeze spray to no avail.
I would be grateful for any suggestions?
Nick

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JR North

No,no...there's a little guy standing on it wearing a hard hat with a
flashing light on top, waving a flag that sez: "tuning circuit"
JR

Desk horizontal JustMe UK diy 6 December 19th 05 02:48 AM
rockwell/clausing horizontal mills Charles A. Sherwood Metalworking 6 March 31st 05 12:06 AM
Bench Top Horizontal Mill Stands/Cabinets Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 2 August 23rd 04 11:51 PM
Horizontal sync problem? RubyTwoShewz Electronics Repair 3 June 3rd 04 09:33 PM
RCA TV - Model: F32665 / Chasis:CTC203CX Guy Petty Electronics Repair 10 May 4th 04 02:22 AM