Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Clueless in Seattle

Default Panasonic Cordless Phone: Turn off speaker on incoming messages?

I've got a hand-me-down Panasonic Model KX-TCM937-B 900 MHz Cordless
phone/answering machine combo.

I'm trying to figure out how to turn off the loudspeaker for incoming
messages.

I was able to find the manual online at:

http://www.panasonic-kx.com/USER_MANUAL.htm

On page 29, under "Monitoring incoming calls," the manual tells me:
"While a call is being recorded, you can monitor it through the
speaker." But It neglects to tell me how to turn off the speaker
should I not want to monitor incoming calls. Like when I'm trying to
take a nap (!)

Anyone know how to do this?

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Buck Fusche

"rb" wrote in message ...
turn down the volume?

"Clueless in Seattle" wrote in message
oups.com...

I've got a hand-me-down Panasonic Model KX-TCM937-B 900 MHz Cordless
phone/answering machine combo.

I'm trying to figure out how to turn off the loudspeaker for incoming
messages.

I was able to find the manual online at:

http://www.panasonic-kx.com/USER_MANUAL.htm

On page 29, under "Monitoring incoming calls," the manual tells me:
"While a call is being recorded, you can monitor it through the
speaker." But It neglects to tell me how to turn off the speaker
should I not want to monitor incoming calls. Like when I'm trying to
take a nap (!)

Anyone know how to do this?

Yes, turn the volume down to zero.

If you're talking about the ringer, just press and hold the
'Hold/Ringer' button for about 3-4 seconds until it beeps
twice. This will turn it off completely.

At least that's how it works with our Panasonic.

Panasonic cordless telephone - battery problem? [email protected] Electronics Repair 7 July 18th 05 11:53 PM
Telephone Jack Charlie S. Home Repair 22 July 12th 05 03:13 AM
panasonic cordless phone out of range ?? ross rosales Electronics Repair 1 August 13th 03 05:58 PM
Cordless Phone - No Sound From Earpiece Speaker [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 August 11th 03 04:16 PM
2.4Ghz phone vs 900Mhz Spread Spectrum Jerry Greenberg Metalworking 0 July 16th 03 01:33 AM