DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Panasonic Cordless Phone: Turn off speaker on incoming messages? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/146353-panasonic-cordless-phone-turn-off-speaker-incoming-messages.html)

Clueless in Seattle February 25th 06 03:21 PM

Panasonic Cordless Phone: Turn off speaker on incoming messages?

I've got a hand-me-down Panasonic Model KX-TCM937-B 900 MHz Cordless
phone/answering machine combo.

I'm trying to figure out how to turn off the loudspeaker for incoming
messages.

I was able to find the manual online at:

http://www.panasonic-kx.com/USER_MANUAL.htm

On page 29, under "Monitoring incoming calls," the manual tells me:
"While a call is being recorded, you can monitor it through the
speaker." But It neglects to tell me how to turn off the speaker
should I not want to monitor incoming calls. Like when I'm trying to
take a nap (!)

Anyone know how to do this?

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"

Buck Fusche February 25th 06 06:14 PM

"rb" wrote in message ...
turn down the volume?

"Clueless in Seattle" wrote in message
oups.com...

I've got a hand-me-down Panasonic Model KX-TCM937-B 900 MHz Cordless
phone/answering machine combo.

I'm trying to figure out how to turn off the loudspeaker for incoming
messages.

I was able to find the manual online at:

http://www.panasonic-kx.com/USER_MANUAL.htm

On page 29, under "Monitoring incoming calls," the manual tells me:
"While a call is being recorded, you can monitor it through the
speaker." But It neglects to tell me how to turn off the speaker
should I not want to monitor incoming calls. Like when I'm trying to
take a nap (!)

Anyone know how to do this?

Yes, turn the volume down to zero.

If you're talking about the ringer, just press and hold the
'Hold/Ringer' button for about 3-4 seconds until it beeps
twice. This will turn it off completely.

At least that's how it works with our Panasonic.