Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.laptops
Adrian C

Default Looking for HORNG CHIH (DC power jack) distributors

Hi,

Been given a Mitac 7321 laptop to fix with a broken dc power jack
(socket). The part number of this socket is 'IDJ-D21-6T'

http://www.hchtwn.com.tw/html/Pdf/single/DC_02_04.pdf

Anyone know where I purchase such a socket. HORNG CHIH don't respond to
emails or faxes, and Mitac UK are only interested in selling replacement
laptop motherboards. I know it looks like a common garden 2.5mm DC jack,
but the original does match pad locations on the PCB - others don't and
bodging it is not my name....

I'm located in the UK.

--
Adrian C
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.laptops

Adrian C wrote:

Anyone know where I purchase such a socket. HORNG CHIH don't respond to
emails or faxes, and Mitac UK are only interested in selling replacement
laptop motherboards. I know it looks like a common garden 2.5mm DC jack,

Of course, you're willing to buy 10,000 of these jacks to satisfy your
urge for cosmetic beauty on one laptop, right? If so, contact Horng
Chih again and tell them you want to buy 10K samples for initial
production and 250,000 per year thereafter.

These miscellaneous Asian parts are absolutely unobtainable at retail.

The good news is that they are VERY rarely unique parts. Much more
likely you will find a standard part at Mouser, Digi-Key, etc that
exactly matches the part you're looking at.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.laptops

Adrian C wrote:

Oh well, looks like I may have to bodge it inverting the socket, strands
of connecting wire and lashings of super glue for strength. Nice fire

I would suggest two-part epoxy and insulated multistrand wire. Super
glue (cyanoacrylates) doesn't fill voids and can't be used to provide
lateral support; it merely bonds contacting surfaces.

hazard at 19V/6Amps if the fuse holds out. Would be interested if other
laptop motherboard repairers go to such lengths on Mitac junk....

Officially, there is no component-level repair on this type of
electronics, only replacement at the subassy level.

Determining plug size for SW radio power jack Dan Electronics Repair 4 March 23rd 05 05:00 PM
Metal Working Machinery New and Used in Australia and for Export [email protected] Metalworking 0 February 23rd 05 02:54 AM
Gun control vindicated Cliff Metalworking 45 February 1st 05 07:38 AM
Quality Of Tools cisco kid UK diy 145 June 14th 04 01:56 PM
Power supplies are burning out jbr Electronics Repair 19 January 22nd 04 05:47 AM