Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.laptops

Default Looking for HORNG CHIH (DC power jack) distributors

Adrian C wrote:

Anyone know where I purchase such a socket. HORNG CHIH don't respond to
emails or faxes, and Mitac UK are only interested in selling replacement
laptop motherboards. I know it looks like a common garden 2.5mm DC jack,

Of course, you're willing to buy 10,000 of these jacks to satisfy your
urge for cosmetic beauty on one laptop, right? If so, contact Horng
Chih again and tell them you want to buy 10K samples for initial
production and 250,000 per year thereafter.

These miscellaneous Asian parts are absolutely unobtainable at retail.

The good news is that they are VERY rarely unique parts. Much more
likely you will find a standard part at Mouser, Digi-Key, etc that
exactly matches the part you're looking at.