Dan

Default Determining plug size for SW radio power jack

I have a Sony protable SW receiver for which I would like to build a
power supply. Trouble is determining the size of the plug needed.
Since I only have the jack portion (in the radio) it's a bit hard to
measure. I see the jack is yellow, aren't these color coded? If so,
where can I find the corresponding mm size for a yellow jack?

TIA

Dan
NSM

"Dan" wrote in message
I have a Sony protable SW receiver for which I would like to build a
power supply. Trouble is determining the size of the plug needed.
Since I only have the jack portion (in the radio) it's a bit hard to
measure. I see the jack is yellow, aren't these color coded? If so,
where can I find the corresponding mm size for a yellow jack?

Ask in a Radio Shack? That's one question they MIGHT be able to answer.

Gary J Tait

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 02:18:23 GMT, "NSM" wrote:

"Dan" wrote in message
I have a Sony protable SW receiver for which I would like to build a
power supply. Trouble is determining the size of the plug needed.
Since I only have the jack portion (in the radio) it's a bit hard to
measure. I see the jack is yellow, aren't these color coded? If so,
where can I find the corresponding mm size for a yellow jack?

Ask in a Radio Shack? That's one question they MIGHT be able to answer.

Bring the radio with you, they might have that dealy with all the
plugs on a ring.
Franc Zabkar

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:36:17 -0500, Dan
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have a Sony protable SW receiver for which I would like to build a
power supply. Trouble is determining the size of the plug needed.
Since I only have the jack portion (in the radio) it's a bit hard to
measure. I see the jack is yellow, aren't these color coded?

Is it an EAIJ type?

See http://www.wagner.net.au/Catalogue/07_15.pdf

- Franc Zabkar
Dan

Franc-Not sure if it is or not. Looks like I'm going to have to measure
the jack. The list of sizes in yout link will help me determine the
likely plug from those available, thanks.

Dan

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:36:17 -0500, Dan
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have a Sony protable SW receiver for which I would like to build a
power supply. Trouble is determining the size of the plug needed.
Since I only have the jack portion (in the radio) it's a bit hard to
measure. I see the jack is yellow, aren't these color coded?

Is it an EAIJ type?

See http://www.wagner.net.au/Catalogue/07_15.pdf

- Franc Zabkar

Underground wiring questions... guest987 Home Repair 52 February 2nd 05 01:52 AM
Quality Of Tools cisco kid UK diy 145 June 14th 04 01:56 PM
Old Man Winter Will Hit Us Tonight! Maryjoe Home Repair 29 February 2nd 04 06:26 AM
Generator FAQ Gunner Metalworking 0 January 23rd 04 05:24 PM