Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.laptops
Don Heller

Default Looking for HORNG CHIH (DC power jack) distributors

wrote:
Adrian C wrote:

Oh well, looks like I may have to bodge it inverting the socket, strands
of connecting wire and lashings of super glue for strength. Nice fire

I would suggest two-part epoxy and insulated multistrand wire. Super
glue (cyanoacrylates) doesn't fill voids and can't be used to provide
lateral support; it merely bonds contacting surfaces.

hazard at 19V/6Amps if the fuse holds out. Would be interested if other
laptop motherboard repairers go to such lengths on Mitac junk....

Officially, there is no component-level repair on this type of
electronics, only replacement at the subassy level.

I had a TV fall off the stand during an earthquake, and the F connector
was ripped out of the tuner. A local repairman, rather than replace the
entire tuner assembly, just soldered a short coax cable to the tuner and
presented me with a two-inch long dongle with a male F at the back of
the TV. Very cheap, and works great. You might consider this method,
which will eliminate structural problems. Ugly, but beautiful.

Don